Another vote for DQC 160.

Not as robust as the Zagg, and not 100% scratch proof, but worth the price. I paid around 16 ukp from protectionfilms24 for 3 protectors and split the cost with two N900 colleagues.

A little tricky to get on. I still have some air on 2 extremities, only a couple of mm.

I'd love to compare the different films 1st hand, but for me think this was probably the best balance between clarity, feel & protection.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bethesda, MD
I bought a set of three from amazon and am incredibly happy with them.
http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Protec...0161436&sr=8-1

But since I wasnt sure if it was the best out there. I called up 3M and asked for samples of 3 different styles that they make. I got the basic vikuti and some others which enhance the light and prevent wide angled viewing. Ofcourse these samples are large pieces and not cut for the n900. I assumed I would use the OEM black plastic cover as a template. But in the end I decided to stick with what I got from amazon since it works well enough.

It's impossible to install the protector w/o bubbles.
Wouldn't recommend it.

I got some Bodyguardz from Amazon for $25, works well but a PITA to put on just like the ZAGG I had for my BB Storm (which I did manage to get a hole in). Got two full cover sets in the box for the $25, other than the fact that I'm impatient and suck at putting the screen protectors on I like it very much.

Definitley keep away from Ebay. I've had 2 off Ebay, and 2 off Amazon.

First on on Ebay didn't fit the screen. Second one from ebay fitted, but has bubbles around the corners, impossible to get rid of. First amazon one was a matt one, made the screen far too blurry. Second from amazon fit, but wouldnd't go on and ended up slightly bending the edge, so it won't go flat!

I hate these things with a passion!

i got the Vikuiti DQC-160 on my n900. it's great. dont get the cheap stuff on ebay. they dont fit. blur your screen(to be fair not that much but definitely noticable when you look closely) and impossible to get rid of the bubbles. i tried it once wid the 3-for-2-quid ones on ebay. the really suck.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bethesda, MD
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
It's impossible to install the protector w/o bubbles.
Wouldn't recommend it.
I was able to install first attempt with no bubbles whatsoever.

Originally Posted by eikido View Post
btw, the ARMR200 should be the same as zaggs, and i don't like it
not, it is not same as zaggs

The Following User Says Thank You to EG8196 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai, UAE
Originally Posted by scouser View Post
Hmmm....

After posting this, I see that both products are 3M. On their site, the ARMR200 is referred to as "Protection film" while the DQC products is referred to as "Repair film". Based on this, the ARMR product looks like its the dogs danglies.

Jagger (any relation to the guy rolling the stones): Not sure about this MATTE product. I cant help feel that 3M know their onions better than most on this technology. Thanks for the input though.
haha, I keep getting that :P, I have seen few 3M matte screen protectors on eBay but I am not sure if those would be original or not !! But I certainly love these, I don't have to keep cleaning off finger prints and also doesn't get scratched !!

Anyhow up to you what you like
Cheers

i originally bought a Durasec protector. after trying about 10 times to apply it without bubbles i screwed it up & threw it away.

i bought the 160 & its perfect. i am on my second one, but only because it got a bit of water under it when i knocked over a glass near my phone & it had a nasty scratch from another accident. it protected the screen from the scratch perfectly though.

they almost look invisible (still makes the phone look new, shiny & polished). it doesn't affect the touch screen sensitivity at all & its quite rigid and easy to install. just use a credit card to smooth onto the screen. no bubbles at all but you need to spend a minute or so pushing it down all over just to make sure it has stuck properly.

can't comment on the ARMR but the 160 gets a vote from me

you can buy 3 for the price of 2 through the website.

hope that helps..