thx for the quicksnap input {the more feedback now, the better, cause once i actually code this up, it will be hard to get your two cents in}

i dont know how to detect 'jackstick is plugged in', and, in my opinion, its a low-priority thing compared with totally disabling the volume buttons {which would be the best solution, again just in my opinion}.

im pretty ticked off that the volume keys work in the lockscreen to begin with; i think its a dirty-urty trick that nokia preemptively played on me particularly, in the future-past.

my recommendations are to either/both:
1) remove the music actions
2) change the volume from the status bar after unlocking it

i mean, i generally adjust the volume once and use an equalizer to make sure my ear drums dont get blasted. i then routinely skip through songs, and play/pause, waaay more often than id ever want to adjust the volume. this is me personally, tho, and my music player doesnt have volume-key-controls. {so for me, my buttons just skip my music without messing with the volume}

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
For quick snap I would personally prefer a config file. click, double-click, treble-click could be messy when trying to snap a pic ASAP. I would love to have the option of disabling the AF light too. It blinds my cats and I have missed some great shots.

Last edited by rexii23; 2012-05-06 at 11:25.

heh, i dont know how to do that, even with the regular camera. i cover the bulb with my finger when focusing.

{100 downloads on github. yay!}

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ VENEZUELA
Greetings.
Great job, man.
In my case I just want to have the torch as a function.
Edit config.py to keep it with that configuration.
I would like to know how one could do to also be on the desktop.
action=torchToggle,volumeUp,SingleClick, screenLocked and desktop\n"
It is possible that the action of the volume keys is both the screelocker and the desktop?
Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: txt config.py .txt (7.0 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by guillermorojaz; 2012-05-26 at 11:32.

Originally Posted by guillermorojaz View Post
Greetings.
Great job, man.
In my case I just want to have the torch as a function.
Edit config.py to keep it with that configuration.
I would like to know how one could do to also be on the desktop.
action=torchToggle,volumeUp,SingleClick, screenLocked and desktop\n"
It is possible that the action of the volume keys is both the screelocker and the desktop?
Thanks in advance.
for disjunction, simply add two identical actions, one with
cond=appOnTop("first-place-it-should-work")
and one with
cond=appOnTop("second-place-it-should-work")

i forget what the 'desktop' screen is called {you want the title property of the window for it}.

beware! what you want is probably not possible, because the default action {i.e. changing the volume} WILL happen no matter what other actions you do. im working on this, not sure its possible yet.

Originally Posted by wolke View Post
for disjunction, simply add two identical actions, one with
cond=appOnTop("first-place-it-should-work")
and one with
cond=appOnTop("second-place-it-should-work")

i forget what the 'desktop' screen is called {you want the title property of the window for it}.

beware! what you want is probably not possible, because the default action {i.e. changing the volume} WILL happen no matter what other actions you do. im working on this, not sure its possible yet.
Thanks for responding.

I want to say that as you have seen in the config.py let it set for 5 min. works perfect.
Turns the flash with any of the keys vol.
A small detail. while turning the key flash vol, and then unlock the screen, vol keys stop working;

- On Call does not increase or decrease the volume.
- In desktop profile does not change.
- In the camera, not opening. (Camera does not respond, restart If the problem persists).

Only panpalla relock, click on vol. and ready.

I mention it so you know what happens with these settings.

I actually think it's perfect.

It is an excellent work.

Last edited by guillermorojaz; 2012-05-26 at 20:58.

Originally Posted by guillermorojaz View Post
Thanks for responding.

Turns the flash with any of the keys vol.

- On Call does not increase or decrease the volume.
- In desktop profile does not change.
- In the camera, not opening. (Camera does not respond, restart If the problem persists).
i noticed in the config.py, the only changes you made were to the default config; you should instead make your own ini file.

the ini file goes at /home/user/.config/n9-button-monitor.ini
you should simply put this there, and use the deb file as it is:
Code:
torchAutoShutOffTimeMs=300000
longClickDelayMs=400
doubleClickDelayMs=400
trebleClickDelayMs=600
action=torchToggle,volumeUp,singleClick,screenLocked
action=torchToggle,volumeDown,singleClick,screenLocked
{do what you like, modifying the source to be how you want is what the gpl is all about. what im suggesting is better if you want to just change the config, though. you can change the ini at runtime without restarting, and you dont invalidate the deb files in aegis.}

now, as for your keys not changing the volume or the profile, i have no idea how you achievd this, but i would really like to know! do you use inception? do you run the program as root? are you on openmode? {if youre not, you could brick your phone by modifying the source files without updating the digsigsums. perhaps this is also causing your camera troubles.}

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
one big idea that is on android roms that could be useful with this application is using volume buttons to move cursor in text. for example, up moves the arrow right and down moves cursor left. will make the lack of hwkb easier for those of us who dont use swype.

The Following User Says Thank You to Storm_11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
{do what you like, modifying the source to be how you want is what the gpl is all about. what im suggesting is better if you want to just change the config, though. you can change the ini at runtime without restarting, and you dont invalidate the deb files in aegis.}

now, as for your keys not changing the volume or the profile, i have no idea how you achievd this, but i would really like to know! do you use inception? do you run the program as root? are you on openmode? {if youre not, you could brick your phone by modifying the source files without updating the digsigsums. perhaps this is also causing your camera troubles.}
Hi.
If openmode.
As I mentioned before,
When you start the flash key vol->unlock screen->phone call->volume keys do not work.
When you start the flash key vol->unlock screen->desktop->volume keys do not change the profile.
Screen lock->keys vol->flash off->returns to normal.

The error in the camera is simply the flash on, try any app (theflashlight), is the same.

I imagine the mistakes mentioned above is due to start the flash and then try to give use volume keys while the flash is on.

You can disable the flash function to unlock screen?

locked screen->key vol->flash on->unlock screen->flash off.

Last edited by guillermorojaz; 2012-05-27 at 08:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to guillermorojaz For This Useful Post:

Tags
harmattan, nokia n9