Posts: 74 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oxford , England
I have flashed from the global firmware to the global 1.2, but all my media has gone and it says it cant perform a backup as there is 'no memory card inserted' !?
HELP PLEASE !?

Only bug I found is the half assed portrait mode.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by jcm6084 View Post
I have flashed from the global firmware to the global 1.2, but all my media has gone and it says it cant perform a backup as there is 'no memory card inserted' !?
HELP PLEASE !?
Have you flashed the eMMC as well? If so, everything from the storage area is removed, including backups.

On another note, just filled a bug for the birthdays bug: #10274 so please confirm/vote for it.

I have just flashed the pr1.2 transitioning from the leaked one where my recent calls and conversation history was not showing with the leaked one, i was hoping that this new firmware was going to solve the problem but i still have it!! Anyone has this? please help
thanks

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by zwer View Post
Just type on the keyboard, the search activates automatically now.
Not nearly as useful as the old search option because:
  • you can't search by application description
  • you can't do wild card searches, which means you have to know the name of the app you are searching for
Scratch that. It searches the entire description and exact app names simultaneously. Wild cards would be nice, but funtionally it is as good as PR1.1 ( perhaps better because you no longer have to decide if you are looking for name and description or name alone.)

Last edited by aspidites; 2010-05-25 at 19:13.

Originally Posted by aspidites View Post
  • you can't do wild card searches, which means you have to know the name of the app you are searching for
I agree with this.

I also have the bug where once you have finished customising (widgets, shortcuts, themes, wallpapers, etc) the desktop the done button will not work. However, if this happens you can press ctrl + backspace (the buttons pressed to access multitask screen) and this will make the done/desktop menu bar dissapear.

Originally Posted by aspidites View Post
I agree with this.

I also have the bug where once you have finished customising (widgets, shortcuts, themes, wallpapers, etc) the desktop the done button will not work. This does not happen everytime and is an intermittant problem. However, if this happens you can press ctrl + backspace (the buttons pressed to access multitask screen) and this will make the done/desktop menu bar dissapear.

Originally Posted by pwannell View Post
no portrait mode virtual keyboard here infact no virtual keyboard at all here tbh with you all
I had to enable mine within the Settings -> Text Input area first, then when I clicked on something requiring text input, it rotated the phone to landscape mode where you had to type in... Virtual keyboard basically sucks. That's why there is a hardware keyboard in the first place. Then again, my opinion is that virtual keyboards suck everywhere.

The best Virtual Keyboards I've seen are Cellwriter for Linux, and the Windows 7 one (mainly because you can use hand writing recognition as well).

The Chinese have hand writing recognition, why don't we? That would be cooler than a virtual keyboard (especially one that sucks)

slaapliedje

Lol....Nokia didn't correct big with birthdays appearing one day before, but have made another bug with calendar.
Email client is absolutely unoperable...
The only useful improvement for me is skype-videocall.

Please, vote for this very old bug too:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6876

/usr/bin/rtcom-messaging-ui is hammering my processor since I installed PR1.2