Posts: 67 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Costa RIca
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Current status:

This week we'll send out a unified letter to some companies (Intel, RIM, LF, Jolla) asking for sponsoring support.

Best regards,
Cosimo
Good idea, i think the Jolla guys should be our most likely allies.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejcrashed For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
@zehjotkah,

Any news about a (preferably European) bank account? Otherwise I might just transfer my donation to your account (I think I still have it..).
It will be an US-based account as this is much easier for a US-based foundation. But please don't donate to my private bank account as long as I can't transfer the money to the official one; that is: as long as there is no official account, yet.

Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I support the idea of sponsorship but could we please have some clarification on what it will involve and what it will be limited to? Can you confirm that a sponsor will not be able influence the direction of maemo.org?

Could we have greater clarification on the future focus of maemo.org? Mer and its derivatives would seem to be the natural successors to Maemo/MeeGo however I am little surprised that there aren't any Mer sub-forums on TMO yet. Seeing RIM on the list of potential sponsors concerns me given the closed nature of BB10/QNX. To consider RIM because of the Qt association seems like a bit of a stretch IMHO. Have you considered companies such as HP/Gram, BasysKom, Neofonie or perhaps Canonical?

I hope my questions aren't too off topic. I think they are relevant concerns for some people that would like to make a donation but I can "spawn" a new thread if necessary.
Sure.

The current plan is to place the sponsor logos on hf.org on a dedicated "sponsor page". They won't have any special rights or power over maemo.org.
Sponsors should support us, because they should want to keep the community alive.
In RIMs case it is exactly because we offer a home for many, many Qt devs

http://hildonfoundation.org/bylaws/ might be an interesting read for you regarding the future of maemo.org.

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Just a thought... If we have a counter next to the donate banner, then maybe we could have a counter widget/app for our phones too? An official counter app could also be a payed application (for a minimal fee) where the profits can go straight back in to HF funds.
A counter is planned for when the donations page is fully integrated at hf.org. It would replace the current banner and show our goal and the current status. On hf.org you'll see every single donation made.
Counter app: sure, would be possible, but first let's work on getting maemo.org survive the next months.

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2012-12-17 at 15:53.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
I also made a small donation.

I noticed that the Donor wall is empty. Isn't that implemented yet or doesn't anybody want to be on the wall?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Donation done for the two months to follow.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
While this sticky forum post is fine, isn't it a very good idea to have a link to the Hildon foundation site and donation page on the home page of maemo.org and talk.maemo.org?

Isn't it just as important as the council elections, CSSU and Cordia site?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
30 more USD from me.
Keep up with the good work, guys!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Got money gift for x-mas? No idea what to buy?
Donate! It feels good. :-)

(aka "bump")

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Hi everyone,

you can check out every single transaction (including received donations) the foundation has made on this page: http://hildonfoundation.org/supporters/

We're currently in the process of transfering the money from my personal PayPal account to the HF bank account and setting up HFs PayPal account.

Best regards,
Cosimo

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ United States
50 USD from me, keep up the good work!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AndrewX192 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
donated.
keep up the good work!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pcfe For This Useful Post:

Tags
chatbot, maturity?, mister clown