That's plan B, now that I know how extraordinarily difficult it is to get my Canon camera to talk to the N810 via USB.

Instead of using a single short cable, I can constantly move SD cards and use a micro USB -to-USB A cable, PLUS a USB gender changer, PLUS a USB card reader. Inconvenient and messy, but it should work.

Hopefully soon somebody will sell a SD card reader with a micro USB plug. Or maybe my next camera will have Bluetooth!

Wayne Estes

Last edited by Wayne Estes; 2009-02-26 at 01:47.

Or you could just use miniSD or microSD in your camera and use an adapter to make it go full size. You're lucky my xti uses cf so I don't have the option of using the same memory in both.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Wayne Estes View Post
Instead of using a single short cable, I can constantly move SD cards and use a micro USB -to-USB A cable, PLUS a USB gender changer, PLUS a USB card reader. Inconvenient and messy, but it should work.
Sadly many usb card readers today claim to need 500mA so there is chance it won't work since usb port in N8x0 can handle only up to 100mA.

This is mostly because SDHC cards of bigger sizes or in high speed mode are allowed to eat more than 100mA.

You may have better luck with microSD(HC) cards and microSD(HC) USB reader since 'micro' cards have lower power requirements (me thinks SD specs say their upper limit is 100mA).

Definitely there are also regular SD usb readers that claim to need only 100mA but it is hit and miss.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.