Notices

Poll: Which do you prefer
Poll Options
Which do you prefer

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Does someone know if it's possible to start MobileMaps directly from a contact when pressing the address button. Now it's starting Ovi Maps.

i wan't it, too

would be nice

BTW:
i prefer Sygic and uninstalled OviMaps
because OviMaps is not a real navigation software.
perhabs Nokia bring us a PR2.0 with full Nokia/Ovi Maps like on Symbian
*dreming off* ^^

Last edited by Erazor; 2011-01-05 at 23:53.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Guess it's hard to code because it ain't opensource. You've to find the process, kill it and then start a new process and give data to Sygic and I don't know if it's possible to give data through parameters to Sygic. Maybe store the address in a config file which contains the last address you navigated to.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I voted Ovi Maps, because I can't get Sygic for APAC.

Anyway, it doesn't work (with Ovi). Each time I click on the contacts the map starts off somewhere in the US (when the address was supposed to be in Malaysia)???

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
sygic works the other way on, in that you need to start the MM10 application, and then open the contacts catagory to browse and route to contacts.

i would also like to see MM10 open as the default map app, and also to have an option to have a contacts current position viewable, and open a link to the map.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Bumping this old thread (sorry) because it's long been a source of annoyment that Contacts opens all contact addresses in Nokia Maps. There are so many map programs for the N900, and NM is by far the worst. I realize Contacts is closed source (f*ck you, Nokia), but has anyone as of yet managed a way of capturing the address and feeding it to another program of the user's choice? Just thought that it was time to ask again a year later...