Notices

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by nokian-series View Post
Hey all,
I know a lot of people know and used shazam on other devices.
Until now, it wasnt realeased any version of it to our N900.
I really like the application, and i sent an email to shazam support asking about it.
Let's wait for the awnser.

Regards.
I also sent their support an email, and I got this nice response:

Hi there

Thank you very much for the feedback – we are always interested to hear users’ views and comments as they help shape the future of the service. I’ll be sure to pass your comments along to the development team.

Kind regards,

Daniel Van Damn
Customer Services

t: +44 (0) 845 600 3956
w: www.shazam.com
That was on the 22nd of February.
Haven't heard from them since.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
Daemonfin,
Thanks, and i apologise, i didn't do a good search before about shazam in the forum (did, but as we can see, not a good one, so i open this thread).

I Signed the petition!

I'll post if they awnser me.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
Signed !!
Pleople, if you sign, post here.
Only a few of us until now ?
Other ones thing that is not a usefull app ?

Seems like a waste of time to me, and a great way to make our community look immature. If they thought it would be profitable to make it for the N900 they would have already.

You don't write to Adobe or Microsoft asking about Linux support for Photoshop or Office do you?

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Lazarpandar View Post
Seems like a waste of time to me, and a great way to make our community look immature. If they thought it would be profitable to make it for the N900 they would have already.

You don't write to Adobe or Microsoft asking about Linux support for Photoshop or Office do you?

There are substitutes for photoshop & office for linux.

Do you have a Shazam substitute for the N900? If so I would really like to hear about one...

Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
There are substitutes for photoshop & office for linux.

Do you have a Shazam substitute for the N900? If so I would really like to hear about one...
I think my point remains valid, my point was that it probably isn't profitable to develop and support Shazam for Maemo 5 (which is soon being replaced anyhow) otherwise they would have made it already. It isn't a matter of asking really nicely for it.

I wont get into it but I strongly disagree with the petition as well.

EDIT: That's just my opinion, sorry for being a Debbie Downer. Maybe the Shazam devs have a kind heart after all.

Last edited by Lazarpandar; 2010-04-12 at 09:24.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Lazarpandar - you're correct; companies only develop software where they are going to see a return. They see the N900/Maemo as having such a small user base that they would not be able to recoup the costs of development.

But that assumption that it is too small may be based on incorrect information. If they suddenly start getting hundreds of emails from N900 users saying "where is Shazam for my device" they may revise their strategy.

It certainly doesn't make the community look 'immature' in a childish way (if that's what you meant).
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Signed !!!!!

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Signed... but doesn't need to come from Shazam.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Abu Dhabi, UAE
Regarding an alternative, anyone ever tried Midomi? they've got an iphone app but you can also use the service online (God bless our flash enabled n900 )
i never tried it myself on the phone, just through my laptop, and it worked great. Someone give it a shot and post some feedback?