Active Topics

Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

I havent got a loose port but when i plug it in to the wall charger if im using or holding the phone, it'll repeatedly act like the chargers being unplugged and plugged back in. i dont have this problem with the usb cable but the charger works fine iwth other phones. should i be worried?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I think that the poll needs to be either updated, re-opened or removed. It's rather misleading and doesn't count the recent surge of USB port issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arrancamos View Post
OMFG!!!! again!!!
Wish it won't happen to me! GL2u
thanks, i went to the nokia shop here and the guy assured me that if i went to the nokia service center myself theyll have it ready on the same day, and if theyr not able to fix it he'll give me a new one, i had just enuf battery to make a back-up on the memory card and snatch some files over winscp. luckily i had made a back up of all the files the day before!

Originally Posted by tobylee View Post
I havent got a loose port but when i plug it in to the wall charger if im using or holding the phone, it'll repeatedly act like the chargers being unplugged and plugged back in. i dont have this problem with the usb cable but the charger works fine iwth other phones. should i be worried?
yeah i think u shud, its better to be on the safe side and take off the teeth off of the charger and usb cable just incase and charge your phone in a drawer or something so theres nearly no chance of u tripping over the wire and screwing up ur phone, i know it sounds a bit paranoid but TRUST ME, with this, its better to be on the safe side!!

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I think that the poll needs to be either updated, re-opened or removed. It's rather misleading and doesn't count the recent surge of USB port issues.
i agree, those people newly complaining might be the ones voted to this poll with no problems.

this is the most epic HW fail i saw in nokia so far.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

yep it was so long ago I don't even remember what I voted for, must of been no usb problem. Still waiting for my N900 back from Nokia, I hate my old phone!

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Definitely.

It would be interesting to know how many, if any, users have USB problems despite having filed the usb charger and data cable down from day one of use.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Belgium
Hi there!

After about ten weeks I got back my n900. The PCB got replaced, and everything works as it should.
To everyone with the USB problem, I wish you a lot of luck

The Following User Says Thank You to ZlmGu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico City & UK
Yayyy...I can join the club with a broken connector. Luckily I have a desktop charger.

Does anyone know if Nokia will fix the phone if I am in a different country from where I bought it?

So I'm currently an iPhone owner living in the US. I need another none-dumb phone for this summer when I visit China for two months.

I am, I was planning to buy N900 because my iPhone can't be unlocked...................... man this sucks, I mean, I really wanted the n900.

on a side note... i find nexus one to be really ugly. Anyone know if Nexus One can input Chinese?

btw forgive me if I didn't read every post in here, did Nokia ever fix this issue on newly made n900?

Last edited by hbueain; 2010-05-18 at 04:14.

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty