Active Topics

The metal bezel around the N900 screen has come loose at the bottom of the screen and been bent out of shape. One repair place I showed it to said that the clips holding the bezel in place had broken and that I "needed a new screen" or something. Another shop took a look at it and told me that they didn't have the right parts and that I should "take it to Nokia" (but as a N900 owner and a forum reader, I know that going to Nokia is a bad idea)

Anyone got any suggestions what to do? If the clips are in fact broken, what part do I actually need? (and yes the device is not in warranty anymore)

Not interested in trying to fix it myself, its too risky and I might damage important parts of the phone in the process of fixing it.

If someone happens to know of a good phone repair place in Western Australia that I could try, that would be useful too.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Why dont you order new metal bezel frame on ebay and replace it.

Its not the frame, the guy I talked to said the plastic clips that hold the metal bezel in place are broken.
Hence why I need advice so that I dont end up spending more than I need to to get it sorted.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
take it to nokia repair they got the parts you need, wont cost you a lot
and get them to do it there and then it only takes a few minutes.

I bought that parts 2 weeks ago in spain.

for sure they will have stock.

regards

Ok, sounds like I need to visit Nokia Care then. Although I have a funny feeling (based on past warranty N900 work) that they may not actually do any repairs locally and may instead send devices off to the eastern states for repair (i.e. lots of time taken to send it there, fix it and send it back)

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ philippines
i have this plastic and the metal bezel coming from my defective n900, how i could i send to you i'll give it to you for a free

The Following User Says Thank You to bugoy For This Useful Post:
I have a repair place that is ordering parts for me to fix this so its all sorted now (or will be once the parts arrive and they call me to tell me to come in with the phone and get it fixed)