Notices

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
It doesn't help a lot. We're at the step of compiling the source, while there's not even source there.

As for Minetest... It's based on Irrlicht.
I'll see what I can do about it. I know that Irrlicht has a GLES port.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokia 5700 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nokia 5700 View Post
It doesn't help a lot. We're at the step of compiling the source, while there's not even source there.

As for Minetest... It's based on Irrlicht.
I'll see what I can do about it. I know that Irrlicht has a GLES port.
Sorry. But really, thanks a bunch for the dedicated work you've been doing.

Hopefully I've saved you a bit of time: Here is the extracted .pnd i.e. open pandora's installation files.

Wow... You didn't say anything about that. I'll see what I can get out of those files.

As far as I can see, there is some work to do, but in the end, I believe it's possible to use it. (In fact, I believe I can make this work without big modifications. The structure of it is pretty pretty good.)
However... Don't expect a Debian file just yet. I think we'll have to go for a extracting it manually.
I'll put up a link of a modified version soon.

Ok... I'm a bit stuck here. The executable asks for a library named libpthread-stubs.so.0. Well, I can't find it. Anywhere. I searched through the official Debian packages and found nothing. How are people supposed to obtain it?
Oh well, I'll compile it then.
Ok... That didn't work either. We're stuck until we can find a libpthread-stubs.so.1 file or similar.
I'll be back on this tomorrow.

Last edited by Nokia 5700; 2011-07-08 at 00:20.

It's in the Sid repositories.

http://packages.debian.org/sid/libpthread-stubs0

slaapliedje

The Following User Says Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
i dont know anything about this but read another post that you guys could easily do something about this with this: http://celeron.55.lt/~celeron55/minetest/index.php ... its a sort of minecraft game.. would be fun

Well, SgtSix, that's the game we're porting currently.

As for the libpthread-stubs.so... The packages over at Debian don't contain it. There must be some other way of obtaining it. How would the engine otherwise be able to use it on Pandora?
I think I need to look at some Pandora rootfss. The ones I've looked at didn't contain a /usr/lib/ directory, but I'll see if I can find a rootfs with the folder.

Ok... We have a little problem. The only libpthread-stubs.so file I've found is inside a hurd-i386 package... But I'll see if it's truly a compiled file.
It is...
Ok, as I see it, this library is useless on Maemo because it already supports threading. The only problem is that the libxcb.so file depends on it. So... What do I replace instead? (That is a rhetorical question.)
Well... Nothing. I can't find that single file for armel. I think I'll have to dig deep.

Last edited by Nokia 5700; 2011-07-08 at 15:23.

Why is this so complicated?
We should try asking for the file on the pandora boards, that or finding the pandora's libpthread (if you do find it rename the .pnd format to a .sfs and open it in 7zip).

I'm having a bit of trouble signing up (not at pc) could you try requesting for the file on the forums?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
You can PM to PenguinBait, he also owns a Pandora.

Ouch! he has disabled his PM and left the forums...

Hmm... I've been having a discrete approach when it comes to obtaining the libraries, so yeah. Maybe I should try getting a response from the Pandora forums.
Ok, question: is it the GP32X forums or the OpenPandora forums I should try? Both of them have a lot on Pandora, but which one is better to check?

Last edited by Nokia 5700; 2011-07-08 at 23:02.