Someone reported a bug ( https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5672 ) reporting that the Talk's (TMO) maemo.org theme does not render properly on the Opera browser on Linux:

I installed the Windows version of Opera 10 and it renders correctly as seen here:

From my point of view, it looks like an Opera problem. Anyone running Linux and using Opera check if you get the same problem? Is the problem consistent throughout the maemo.org site or just at TMO?

I'm trying to resolve the reported bug so any help would be great.

Thanks.

Last edited by Reggie; 2009-10-21 at 17:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Yes, I can confirm this bug on
  • Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64; U; en) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.00
  • Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64; U; en) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.00
  • Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.00
  • Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64; U; en) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.10 (10.10 Beta Build 4672)

Shows correct on
  • Opera/9.80 (Macintosh; PPC Mac OS X; U; en) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.00 (10.00 Beta Build 6477)
  • Opera/9.80 (Macintosh; PPC Mac OS X; U; en) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.00
  • Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini 5.0.15650/812; U; en) Presto 2.2.0

Last edited by allnameswereout; 2009-10-22 at 20:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Another bug I experience is with Epiphany 2.28.0

When I post, it tells me I already posted and must wait 30 seconds (or 26, or 28) before I may post again. However this error occurs every time I post!

Useragent string is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.2+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/531.2+

(Yes... really, it is not Safari... :-S)

When I edit a post it does not occur.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
I have reported this bug to Opera a couple of months ago.
I haven't asked from the devs but from the delay I'm guessing that possible fix or fixes are going (or have gone) to the next version of the Opera core. So Opera 10.10 (and Presto 2.2.x) is not probably going to fix this, instead we have to wait until Opera moves to "next-gen" core Presto 2.4.

But of course, this is just guessing. I can try to ask from the devs (or Opera QA actually) when they're available.

edit. Just checked, I submitted the bug report on 28th of July. I'll try to contact the Opera guys ASAP.

Last edited by ColonelKilkenny; 2009-10-26 at 11:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColonelKilkenny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ColonelKilkenny View Post
I have reported this bug to Opera a couple of months ago.
I haven't asked from the devs but from the delay I'm guessing that possible fix or fixes are going (or have gone) to the next version of the Opera core. So Opera 10.10 (and Presto 2.2.x) is not probably going to fix this, instead we have to wait until Opera moves to "next-gen" core Presto 2.4.

But of course, this is just guessing. I can try to ask from the devs (or Opera QA actually) when they're available.

edit. Just checked, I submitted the bug report on 28th of July. I'll try to contact the Opera guys ASAP.
Do you know there is public bugs database? If you contact them could you please add above I posted? Because from that one can conclude its specific of X11/Linux version; not Presto.

The bug does not on occur OSX, Windows, J2ME even though in former 2 cases same version of Opera is used as on Linux. Which also means same Presto version.

Anyway, for Opera this means more than for us.

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Do you know there is public bugs database? If you contact them could you please add above I posted? Because from that one can conclude its specific of X11/Linux version; not Presto.

The bug does not on occur OSX, Windows, J2ME even though in former 2 cases same version of Opera is used as on Linux. Which also means same Presto version.
Oh, I missed that information, thanks. I'll try forward that information also.

And sadly Opera does not have official public bug database

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColonelKilkenny For This Useful Post:
This issue has been fixed with Opera 10.50 (which is using Presto 2.5). 10.50 is still in pre-alpha (and it shows) but if someone here using Opera is brave and irritated enough you might want to check out http://my.opera.com/desktopteam

The Following User Says Thank You to ColonelKilkenny For This Useful Post: