Notices

Originally Posted by RogerS View Post
OK, this could be worthwhile. But if they're set up in the same location, seems unnecessary.
Yes, you won't need it if you can run a CAT5 cable to the HAVA (which the Titanium has too).

Yes, there's a digital box on top of each TV. It's similar to cable in how it's set up and how a wire runs to the house. Just a digital cable instead, I guess.
That would work then. You just need to connect the digital box's output to the HAVA directly and then use the passthrough output from the HAVA to the TV.

If I would recommend a model, I would say go for the Titanium merely because of this upcoming hinted feature:

"Monsoon will in future updates allow users to attach a qualified USB hard drive to the USB port and to schedule recordings to it in tablet video format so that you can then take the shows with you on the go on your tablet later and watch them in the Nokia Media Player…"

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Roger, as what GA has mentioned, I think the Titanium comes with an external USB wifi device so you don't have to run a CAT5 cable to your HAVA:

As for FIOS, I'm not sure how it works. Don't you have an external digital box where FIOS is connected to? The box should then connect to the HAVA and use its pass-through to the TV.
I saw on the site a mention that the external adapter would give the ability to update it to 'N' in the future to be able to do true HD over the air.

So who all is ordering one and doing the beta? Which model are you getting?

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by s2k View Post
So who all is ordering one and doing the beta? Which model are you getting?
I ordered the Titanium and signed up for the beta. I'm interested to see how far we can push this.

Roger

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'll probably buy the Titanium as well.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I'll probably buy the Titanium as well.
I'm not entirely sure what the major advantage of the Titanium is over the Platinum. The USB seems to give you more expansion opportunities in the future (only wifi at the moment), but I'm not sure it justifies an $80 price jump.

Perhaps somebody can enlighten me more thoroughly of the advantages.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Germany
I am still not sure if I will order one box. So far there are too much open questions. I've crawled through the HAVA website, read the user guides and the forum but I got still no answers.

Anyway, I found a post which is quiet interesting for the European users:

" ..... with extra shipping cost (Approx. US $35)."

PS: Offtopic question, where can I activate my signature and avatar in the ITT forum? The User CP does not include such a menu item.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sorenzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
I'm not entirely sure what the major advantage of the Titanium is over the Platinum. The USB seems to give you more expansion opportunities in the future (only wifi at the moment), but I'm not sure it justifies an $80 price jump.

Perhaps somebody can enlighten me more thoroughly of the advantages.
Titanium has wifi and USB, Platinum is only wired.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by s2k View Post
Titanium has wifi and USB, Platinum is only wired.
Ah, as I assumed. Platinum it is, then.

I have gone for Platinum.

Tags
hava, video hava