Notices

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationRepositories

How to get easily all of those repositories to Sources.list?
replacing old list with new one is too slow way. (You need to be root first)

IMHO the maemo app manager is so fragile and finiky that doing this is just asking to break it.

That being said, I have had the idea that a little app could exist to mass parse known repositories into the sources list

I don't have the time or skill to do this, but if it is a good idea, erhaps someone else does...

cAPS

A meta-repository which includes all repositories would be great. Then a repository-manager could manage repositories.
So i could select all repositories i like to be setup in the application manager.

Copy the text at the Repository page to the sources.list in /etc/apt
using SCP

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
i keep a copy of that list on my rs-mmc card along with osso-xterm and becomeroot packages so that when i rebuild the 770, as i have for the 3rd time now, i can simply install the two packages and copy the file on the card to /etc/apt/.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
It would be nice if xterm were part of the standard firmware - I've flashed my 770 so often now that I've gotten most of the restoration process setup in a shell script which copies in a full sources.list, runs apt-get update, pulls down the apps I need, and restores any non-standard apps/data (including .ssh, NFS and GNU tar) from a tar ball stored on MMC. Then reboot and job done.

The longest/most tedious part of it all is adding the single repository needed to download xterm, and given how useful xterm is on the 770 I don't know why Nokia don't install it as standard and make it available to anyone running their device in R&D mode. I can understand it might be a bit "scary" for anyone who isn't running in R&D mode - arguably these are "regular" or "non-power" users but not always in which case could Nokia add a new switch (--enable-xterm) to the flasher utility which would render xterm available on the newly flashed device?

Originally Posted by Luna
Copy the text at the Repository page to the sources.list in /etc/apt
using SCP
Is there a programm/script which can do this automatically?

How would one update xterm if repository.maemo.org and repository.maemo.org/extras are always down, which apparently seems to be the case?

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Look here...

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=3776

I wrote a tutorial on how to back up your source.list for later use.

Slow or not I think is the fastest way because there is no other way....