The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Truncated version because techradar is dogshit:
Originally Posted by Techradar
This Android phone was announced back in February, but only now, finally, does it have a release date and price.

Priced at $699 / £649 (around AU$1,030), the Pro1 is available to pre-order from fxtec.com now, and doing so should see you receive the phone sometime in mid-September, ahead of a general release in October.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
"Finally has a release date and price" But nothing has changed for weeks or months now. Release date is still "Mid-September" and price also the same. So nothing new for us, but good thing is that media is giving some promotion for the Pro1.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
New newsletter is out too, pre-ordered phones are shipping MID SEPTEMBER!

Last edited by Wasmachinemann-NL; 2019-09-07 at 12:01.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
And there's a new short video (in German) among the press stuff already: https://video.golem.de/handy/23425/f...-hands-on.html

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
Hi Chen,

Just a question, do you know how the LineageOS build for the Pro1 is progressing? Will it incorporate all of the neat alterations you are making to Android, like landscape mode, advanced HW-keyboard support, etc.?
As a port of LineageOS is a community effort (just as SailfishOS or anything else but the stock Android), presumably he would have to look that up, too.
I would rather let Chen do his work (getting mass production up and running) and search for any LineageOS porting efforts by myself. I have not heard of any, but have not really searched for them.
And please report your findings (even if none) here.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Preorder and public release dates also confirmed in the newsletter, along with a new award at the IFA :

We’re at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin this week showcasing the Pro1 to an excited audience of European and US media.

Another Award for FX Technology

At tonight’s Showstopper event (where manufacturers have the opportunity to meet media) to showcass their products, we were proud to receive our second award for innovation. Go F(x)tec!

We officially announced that the Pro1 will begin shipping Mid-Sept for pre-order customers and will be on general release from October 1st.​

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by electristan View Post
the total will be 881.12 USD (7923.53 NOK) according to the customs people.

this includes 25 USD for shipping + 25% VAT + handling fee ...

https://abload.de/img/2019-09-0519.48.07wwwr9k72.png

Thanks a lot!
That tool is genius! Never seen that, should probably have thought of searching for it.

That price is then UK VAT + Norwegian VAT, I was under the impression we only have to pay VAT in one country?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hagiz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
well, you should be able to pay without VAT and then pay your local VAT.
Sent them an email asking about it now, hoping for VAT-refund.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hagiz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
Hi Chen,

Just a question, do you know how the LineageOS build for the Pro1 is progressing? Will it incorporate all of the neat alterations you are making to Android, like landscape mode, advanced HW-keyboard support, etc.?

The reason for my asking is because I'd like to get rid of all the Google stuff (meaning Google Services Framework/Google Mobile Services/the entire Play Store framework) if at all possible before installing apps and using the phone. At this moment I'm using a de-Googlefied Nexus5X, running LineageOS with MicroG and just the F-Droid installed for my app needs, combined with Yalp Store in case I do need any Play-store only apps (such as my banking app).

Do you think this use-case is possible with the Pro1 as well?

Thanks for your time and response, and good luck with all the hard work you guys are putting in to make the September release possible!
What I can confirm is that there are 2 senior developers has been working on Lineage OS since a while ago. And they've made some great progress. (All the credit goes to them)

They are awaiting for the official release and can move the porting project into the next stage I believe.

That's as far as I know, and again, it's a great work of Lineage community.

PS: When I tried to flash SFOS initial release onto Pro1 I need to flash a custom TWRP, which is I believe also from Lineage OS devs.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit