Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
So, for the first time in a loooong time decided to update my Jolla tablet. Was on 2.2.0.29 Mouhijoki.

Something went wrong with the update, it started to d/l 2.2.1.18, did it in like few seconds so I am guessing it didn't get downloaded correctly. Now everytime I try to apply the update the device just freezes to black screen, only hard reset gets it up again.

How should I proceed? ssu re -- ? To what version? Can I go all the way to 3.1? Or are there mandatory stops I have to do in between versions?

If can / can't what would be the exact command and version? Don't want to kill this thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Iirc there is a known bug in tablet upgrade ui not displaying progress, but still installing updates. Try ++patience before.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Iirc there is a known bug in tablet upgrade ui not displaying progress, but still installing updates. Try ++patience before.
Left it already running for whole night. I think update can't take that long?

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Left it already running for whole night. I think update can't take that long?
Certainly not that long and have horrible feeling that you are going to have to enter "recovery mode" here to get this going again. Is this a 32 or 64GB version and has it got a lot of data upon it? Recently had to restore from reset to 3.0.3 Hossa but not sure whether 3.1.0.11 a good idea. If you look at release notes Tablet no longer gets a mention:https://together.jolla.com/question/...0-seitseminen/

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2019-09-12 at 19:46. Reason: Correction

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post: