I'm tired of seeing pandora delayed and nokia remaining quiet about their future products. iphone 3G S is available right now and will probably offer the same performance.

Arggg I'm so tired of waiting. The only thing holding me back from the iphone is the terrible 480x320 resolution and the lack of hardware keys but it is starting to look better everyday.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Um, what exactly are you expecting to hear?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Tell me how much the iphone sucks lol

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
It sucks very much, you can't do multitasking.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Rochester NY
At the end of the day, the thing that matters to most people are the apps, rather than the underlying OS which apps might run on. I have an n810, and I'm quite happy with it (I do most of my home email on it w/claws, and for all of my home IM use). But that didn't stop me from ordering my first apple product last weekend --an iphone 3gs. Even after I get my iphone, I'll still make use of the tablet, albeit maybe a little less than I do now.

Last edited by gary201; 2009-06-23 at 23:01. Reason: typo

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
This is what my sources have to say...
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
It sucks very much, you can't do multitasking.

... and it pro'ly never will.

I agree with yerga.

An iPhone is realy not a smart phone at all. It is more like a one trick pony.

Cool if you like ponies and don't need to do anything else.

Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
It sucks big time ... doesn't do tethering (as yet without a hack).
But neverthless, go get it. This wait for some magical device from Nokia will lead nowhere, in the near run.

I don't think they are ready with anything as yet. A near state of readiness would show some tidbits (real) from Nokia guys leaking out or some blurrycam shots etc. Obviously Nokia is still talking foundation level things and cooperation and all that bunkum (w Intel). I feel they do not have any thing in a ready state as yet.

Yes it will come .... eventually.

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Try android Voltron. I found that Android seems to be the happy medium between the closed ecosystem of Apple and the iPhone and the openness of the Nokia tablet with a community to boot. Plus you can multitask and depending on the phone use a hardware keyboard.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
As a past owner of the original iPhone and now the iPhone 3G... allow me to say this...

Don't do it.

Not unless you have compelling reasons - such as you already have a killer amount of purchases via the iTunes store or you wish to have a phone that does media somewhat right.

The positives... it has wifi, it does have an operating system that honestly is UI friendlier and consistent than almost most other OS's out there - sorry, but the N97, I just had a day with it today, and I'm not a fan of it 100% - and it's a decent phone.

The cons... oh boy, let's see. Sub-par reception at all times, those battery times... I don't know where in the hell they got those from. If you use any part of the phone other than phone - bluetooth, wifi, touch it - your might get a full day charge, but there is a reason why they sell car chargers and other accessories upfront. If you like having root access, file system access, or just plain access to non-wizard items; not going to happy. They've yet to fix MMS - it's not active in the US at least - and above all it's a smudge magnet. The build is somewhat questionable - thin plastic does not make a gadget hound happy - but the glass face is indeed solid and nice... get a protector for it, posthaste.

I like my iPhone, but mainly because of the Exchange support and the fact that my e-mail, contacts, iTunes purchases are on my Mac. I use Mac, Linux and PC's, but what keeps me using/liking my iPhone is that I have too much crap on the Mac to switch to anything that doesn't talk to my Mac easily - that rules out WinMo and I ain't buying that "Missing Sync" stuff either. Been there, done that... lost a religion or two.

I've tried Symbian, don't like it. I've tried Android - I DO like 1.5. I've tried WinMo... yeah. And I have an iPhone 3G. It's an "ok" phone at best. And despite saying that I'm not a fan of the N97, I did like it better than the iPhone, all but the browser.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: