Active Topics

Poll: Which one???!@
Poll Options
Which one???!@

Closed Thread
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Brisbane, Australia.
And also judging by my Brother's samsung and people condemning Motorola and their late official releases, I am leaning towards HTC or LG.

Well HTC is another good company in fact i owned a windows phone (8225 i think) made by them. Phone still works but it is WM5 i think. The only thing you might want to look into is if HTC will now start looking the boot loader like they just did with the ThunderBolt. This was just discovered by the XDA folks i believe. They specs on the Pyramid looks fine but it doesn't do it for me and i am moving away from any phone with keyboards for the time being.

The Following User Says Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ASIAN View Post
@Kangal & cenwesi thanks for your replies. I'm also looking into the HTC Pyramid, I really like the look of it but I don't know much about HTC. Your thoughts?
There hasn't been much information about the HTC Pyramid but it looks like a HTC Incredible with enhancements: dual-core 1.2 GHz Snapdragon processor (MSM8260), with Adreno220 (nearly as powerful as SGX540) and a 4.3 inch qHD display.

BTW, I just noticed something very important about the LG Optimus 3D. The interaxial distance!
This should be 7cm (or 70mm) as an average human eye distance, for a pleasurable 3D experience (on your 3D TV). But since camera optics are usually more "zoomed out" than a human eye, it actually needs to be wider (eg why Hollywood uses 10cm and up camera sets). About 80 or 85mm would be ideal. Since none of these phones have optical zoom (digital zoom is honestly crap), this distance is that much more important.
Judging by the pictures the distance on the LG seems to be roughly 25mm. So any 3D video shot without zoom (which is 99% of the time) is going to look only 30% like 3D ... the objects will not be so distinguished! The experience will not be so defined (just like those post-processed 3D movies like Clash of the Tits), you would walk away wishing you just saw it in high-quality 2D. So having a 3D camcorder on the LG is pretty much useless, the GS2's camera is actually better (better quality 2D wasting less memory space). This really takes away aot of appeal from the LG.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Ah, lovely. Why did you buy a N900 in the first place? Because none of your friends had one?

If you've been hanging around on this forum for this long, it amazes me that you'd still choose a device purely based on what you consider most impressive to show off to your friends. Maybe you should glue fake diamonds on your N900, that might drop some jaws.

Enough trolling, just go away and buy a custom iPhone or some other fashion accessory that goes well with your Gucciprada handbag

EDIT:
On a more serious note, if you want to truly make a safe decision and sleep well at night without any fear of one of your friends buying the same phone, make your own:
http://www.colorwarepc.com/p-236-iphone-4.aspx

Last edited by Aonsaithya; 2011-03-20 at 03:01.

And also judging by my Brother's samsung and people condemning Motorola and their late official releases, I am leaning towards HTC or LG.
I will not put too much faith in samsung releasing any update quickly for their phones. Really look at all the phones they release last year and just these few months. They are quick to release phones but it looks like it takes them months to release updates.

The Following User Says Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
There hasn't been much information about the HTC Pyramid but it looks like a HTC Incredible with enhancements: dual-core 1.2 GHz Snapdragon processor (MSM8260), with Adreno220 (nearly as powerful as SGX540) and a 4.3 inch qHD display.

BTW, I just noticed something very important about the LG Optimus 3D. The interaxial distance!
This should be 7cm (or 70mm) as an average human eye distance, for a pleasurable 3D experience (on your 3D TV). But since camera optics are usually more "zoomed out" than a human eye, it actually needs to be wider (eg why Hollywood uses 10cm and up camera sets). About 80 or 85mm would be ideal. Since none of these phones have optical zoom (digital zoom is honestly crap), this distance is that much more important.
Judging by the pictures the distance on the LG seems to be roughly 25mm. So any 3D video shot without zoom (which is 99% of the time) is going to look only 30% like 3D ... the objects will not be so distinguished! The experience will not be so defined (just like those post-processed 3D movies like Clash of the Tits), you would walk away wishing you just saw it in high-quality 2D. So having a 3D camcorder on the LG is pretty much useless, the GS2's camera is actually better (better quality 2D wasting less memory space). This really takes away aot of appeal from the LG.
Even at CES this year on one of the video, the LG guy hinted that you have to move the phone away from your face to notice the 3D effect. To me 3D on a phone is NOT there yet. Even today i was at best buy and they had a 3D laptop there with the eye glass and i could barely make out the 3D. Maybe in about a year we will be there and all these phones we are buying today will be so old school

Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post
Ah, lovely. Why did you buy a N900 in the first place? Because none of your friends had one?

If you've been hanging around on this forum for this long, it amazes me that you'd still choose a device purely based on what you consider most impressive to show off to your friends. Maybe you should glue fake diamonds on your N900, that might drop some jaws.

Enough trolling, just go away and buy a custom iPhone or some other fashion accessory that goes well with your Gucciprada handbag
Lol, i don't think he is trolling. He is just another dissatisfied customer of Nokia.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Brisbane, Australia.
Why would I glue fake diamonds on my phone? I'm not a female.

Why would I glue fake diamonds on my phone? I'm not a female.
lol, they sure know how to push your buttons

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
I will not put too much faith in samsung releasing any update quickly for their phones. Really look at all the phones they release last year and just these few months. They are quick to release phones but it looks like it takes them months to release updates.
as opposed to nokia?? HAHA

Closed Thread

Tags
apt-get android, fanboy denial, hi i'm a douche, humor required, look at me!, mm peter, poor lil rich, thx 4 the fish, troll alert