Closed Thread
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
I think we're stuck with the current situation for Diablo. (I've heard that Fremantle will be different WRT updates; not sure what it will be, but hopefully just normal packages in a repository.)
Well, we seem to have a chance of having at least preinstalled- documentation-rx*4 removed from osv.

That said, if somebody wants to help me get things started withe the Community Edition, we can solve most of these issues ourselves without waiting for Nokia. . . .

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
well, the question is, what kind of help can one provide?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by tso View Post
well, the question is, what kind of help can one provide?
Well, for the time being we need to experiment with packaging. See what works, see what areas are going to cause trouble, see what kinds of cool things we can get working, etc.

Specifically, play with the dependencies of osso-software-version-rx*4, play with the packaging of stuff like Modest and MicroB to see if we can unhook them from the OS to make them modular, and start dropping in community patches and hacks onto Nokia's packages and programs.

The wiki page outlines some of it, but we haven't gotten beyond the discussion stage, so getting some stuff to play with together is the next step.

Originally Posted by vinc17 View Post
After the reflash, you'll get the first Diablo version, and after the first reboot, the system will propose you to restore the backup. Then you can use the Application Manager to do any update, including the SSU ones (I don't remember under what name they appear, but it is quite clear). Note that at this time, only the first SSU will be proposed; if you want the latest SSU, you need to install the first one, then it will ask you to reboot, and after the reboot, use the Application Manager again, refresh for updates again, and the second SSU will be proposed. Just install it...
I just did a re-flash and it went from:

V4.2008.36-5 to V4.2008.36-5

How do I get the version before V4.2008.36-5...?

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by iTab View Post
How do I get the version before V4.2008.36-5...?
Assuming you have a N810, go to http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N810.php and download RX-44_DIABLO_4.2008.23-14_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin. As the filename says, this is 4.2008.23-14 (the first Diablo version).

The Following User Says Thank You to vinc17 For This Useful Post:
Assuming you have a N810, go to http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N810.php and download RX-44_DIABLO_4.2008.23-14_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin. As the filename says, this is 4.2008.23-14 (the first Diablo version).
Thanks!

So, I have an N800 and I downloaded the one that's called:

RX-34_DIABLO_4.2008.23-14_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
Software Edition 2008 version 4.2008.23-14 for Nokia N800

I downloaded it to my PC and I downloaded it to my removeable memory card (in my N800).

Do I just run it from my N800? How so? Just click onto it? And then my device should reset or the OS will revert back to the one from April?

Thanks so much for pointing this out to me!!!

Originally Posted by iTab View Post
Do I just run it from my N800?
No, do not run it. Follow the instructions here.

No, do not run it. Follow the instructions here.
Thanks.

Which is the link for the "flasher" that I wanna download on this page:
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/

I mean, I downloaded: RX-34_DIABLO_4.2008.23-14_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin - but now, I am lost.

RX-34_DIABLO_4.2008.23-14_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin is not the flasher, but the firmware. Follow the instructions to download the flasher (I don't remember and the wiki is currently down) and reflash your N800; this depends on the OS you have on your personal computer.

RX-34_DIABLO_4.2008.23-14_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin is not the flasher, but the firmware. Follow the instructions to download the flasher (I don't remember and the wiki is currently down) and reflash your N800; this depends on the OS you have on your personal computer.
Thanks.

OK, I got the Firmware installed on my Nokia N800.

Now, I am running the process to get Sirius playing on my N800 (again) and when I get to the part where it tells me to install "BeautifulSoup" (easy_install BeautifulSoup), I get an error that I don't have enough memory (which isn't possible, because I have 1 GB of internal memory and 2 GBs of external memory and I have nothing on either card. (Plus, it worked before.)

Link with Sirius instructions...

Closed Thread

Tags
diablo, os2008, ssu, upgrade