Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ fauldhouse
Overclocking WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY is a lode off bs becos i sent 1 back to nokia overcolck to 1.1ghz becos the usb port was brocken and thay sent me new 1 so eny 1 thinks i duz well ur stupid

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
It's a shame they didn't fix the broken keyboard

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
It's a shame they didn't fix the broken keyboard
It's also a shame that they didn't fix his broken attitude huh?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
lmao @ switch :P

The Following User Says Thank You to eefo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
They repaired a manufacturing design flaw with the usb port, which doesn't relate to OC'ing the device. So they probably wouldn't care. That aside, as unfortunate as it is, they (Nokia) probably don't bother checking for signs of OC'ing, so in a way, you're right... But I'm sure if you mentioned that you OC'd the device along with your claim, they'd act somewhat differently.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kenny324410 View Post
...sent me new 1 so eny 1 thinks i duz well ur stupid
-__________-

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by kenny324410 View Post
Overclocking WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY is a lode off bs becos i sent 1 back to nokia overcolck to 1.1ghz becos the usb port was brocken and thay sent me new 1 so eny 1 thinks i duz well ur stupid
How can you even come on a forum and talk such bad bad English?.

You are in Scotland and you talk like your some kind of drugged up lout, if you want any respect from this forum i suggest you polish up on your English young man !.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Nokia is the originator of the claim that overclocking will void your warranty. I think that Nokia's intent in making that statement was to serve notice that Nokia would not fix damage caused by overclocking. Since no one has yet demonstrated overclocking damage on the N900, it is a moot point.

In fact, the hysterical anti-overclocking claims by many of the best and brightest on this site have mostly been disproved by the passage of time.

But of course, this is quite an old story by now.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Nokia is the originator of the claim that overclocking will void your warranty. I think that Nokia's intent in making that statement was to serve notice that Nokia would not fix damage caused by overclocking. Since no one has yet demonstrated overclocking damage on the N900, it is a moot point.

In fact, the hysterical anti-overclocking claims by many of the best and brightest on this site have mostly been disproved by the passage of time.

But of course, this is quite an old story by now.
Though not entirely provable, a few of us suspect that there have been a couple of devices, at least, that have died with OC related failures. Unfortunately, it seems Nokia replaced these as well. People didn't make a big deal out of it, because we didn't want to make it sound like Nokia would repair the fault. Which in turn effects the number of N900 spares around which leaves less to those that have legitimate reason for warranty claims.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Some things should just not be talked about and this is one of them, if this is to awake Nokia then quite a few will not get replacements or even repairs the way this kind of talk is going.

This thread started all wrong and is wrong.

NB As if people have not had enough failed support from Nokia on the N900.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-03-30 at 08:24.