Active Topics

Notices

hey Marxian,

Huge fan of your app. With tv out it totally rocks. Thanks a lot for I making it impossible to replace the n900 for the time being. I recently started using the hp touchpad tablet, a great piece of hardware and OS orphaned much like the n900.

people have started using putting android on it but I can't let go of the n900 like real time multitasking provided. Its like an n900 tablet, which is good. However,
I really miss your app on it. Since both maemo os and webOS share the same linux base, will we see a port on the touchpad in the future? They also have a paid appstore and there is nothing close to your app there.

Hope to see ur app there in the future.

thanks again for the awesome app.

I can't be arsed flickin back to see if anyone else has posted this, this is just quicker so shut ya face!!
When reading comments, sometime if ya flick left or right the text flicks off the screen, looks almost like its meant to but obviously not?
Other than that.. love it!

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
I can't be arsed flickin back to see if anyone else has posted this, this is just quicker so shut ya face!!
When reading comments, sometime if ya flick left or right the text flicks off the screen, looks almost like its meant to but obviously not?
Other than that.. love it!
I think that's a bug in QML ListView. It can happen in other places besides comments, and the problem existed in the older versions.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
when is the new version of cubetube update?

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I think that's a bug in QML ListView. It can happen in other places besides comments, and the problem existed in the older versions.
Haven't noticed it anywhere else? Super improvements guy!!! Good job! How much further into your bum hole do i have to climb to find out where one might grab a working version for my birds n8 ? Tried a couple but just a black screen?
Thank pal, chum, buddy!!

The blackscreen on my n900 was a result of qtquick namespace incompatibility

to users:
quick fix is to install "qtquick 1.0 compatibility plugin"

to dev:
quick fix: make cutetube-qml dependant on "qtquick 1.0 compatibility plugin"
real fix: fix namespaces for things you import

p.s i couldn't update for a few days beucause the update conflicts with the cutetube-qml-widget (and also replaces xtube), you could repackage cutetube-qml to conflict the offending packages so the update works more smoothly.

p.p.s I have no idea about packaging are qt namespaces so what I have said is obviously harder to do than to post on a forum

p.p.p.s Thanks for the great app lots of love RP

Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
Haven't noticed it anywhere else? Super improvements guy!!! Good job! How much further into your bum hole do i have to climb to find out where one might grab a working version for my birds n8 ? Tried a couple but just a black screen?
Thank pal, chum, buddy!!
Version 1.0.6 for the N8 is available from http://marxianthecoder.blogspot.com

Follow the instructions to fix the black screen problem. Nokia Store are now able to process applications built against Qt 4.7.4, so version 1.0.7 (with added sharing features) will be in the store within a few days.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
There's a bug in the "related videos" section of harmattan version. Search and play any video, go to related videos and then select a video from the list. No matter which video you select in the list, Cutetube always shows the info for the first video. The following change in RelatedVideosPage.qml solves the issue

Change this line:
goToRelatedVideo(videoListModel.get(index));

To:
goToRelatedVideo(index);

Can you include this fix in the next version for N9 ?

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
There's a bug in the "related videos" section of harmattan version. Search and play any video, go to related videos and then select a video from the list. No matter which video you select in the list, Cutetube always shows the info for the first video. The following change in RelatedVideosPage.qml solves the issue

Change this line:
goToRelatedVideo(videoListModel.get(index));

To:
goToRelatedVideo(index);

Can you include this fix in the next version for N9 ?
I actually spotted this bug a while ago and thought I'd already fixed it. Turns out that I hadn't (probably confused it with the Symbian version), so thanks for reminding me. It's fixed now and there should be an update pretty soon. I'm just putting the finishing touches to the event-feed plugin and testing to ensure everything is OK with PR1.2.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Hi,

Great new interface, got passed the black screen issue by installing qtquick.

Main issue I'm having at the moment on latest version (1.2.8) is entering youtube username/password, in accounts - youtube authorisation page - opens webpage but I'm unable to enter username/password in the text fields. Sign in button works but I'm unable to type in the boxes.

I have also tried my username in the conf file, is youtubeaccesstoken= the correct place to put the password?

Also not getting thumbnails, but I'll read through this thread to see if there's a solution for that.

Regards,

DV

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube