So I bought an HP Touchsmart TX2 a few years back and so far any of the touch interfaces for it have been rather non-complete. Gnome-Shell being the coolest of them so far.

So I figured I'd give Windows 8 a shot (being that it's designed for tablets/phones/touch interfaces.

And all I can say is... What a steaming pile of crap! It is the most unusable operating system I have ever used, and I use AS/400s at work. I've used Atari 8-bit DOS 1.25 way back when (anyone who has used that, knows that it sucked). I've had experience with trying to load programs from a C64, and it at least made some sense.

Windows 8 is complete garbage. In an hour of trying to figure out how to close the settings, I'm still not sure how I did it. They show this stupid animation during the install process that shows it going up into one corner, or you swipe from the side. BUT, the animation itself is wrong! It shows swiping from the right side to bring up a rather useless menu (except for the search button) but it says 'Swipe from any side' to get that menu. Well that doesn't work. You get some sort of menu bar, when you swipe from above, then you get a 'view details' button when you swipe from the bottom. And from the left side? You get.. maybe.. the application task switching? But when you drag this window from the left, you can't do anything with it but open it? Now if they had made it so it comes out and rotates around in a circle to choose which application you wanted... well that would be pretty cool.

Oh, and you HAVE to have an email account with hotmail or some other microsoft based one to even install it... not to mention that is also your LOG IN password! WTF? Then.. I installed the Solitaire Collection. Tried to play Spider and it was bugging me to log into my Xbox Live account. Guess I should go buy an Xbox, eh? I still can't find the option to change from 1 suit to 2 or 4 suits! The screen shots in the 'How to play." show that it's possible...

Anyhow, that's all for now, anyone else have some stories of this pile of poo?

slaapliedje

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Don't tell us.
Tell it to Ellop!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
yeah give us more dictature now!!!!

Long live Stephen Elop and Steve Ballmer
Windows ROCKS!!
Attached Images

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-08-05 at 01:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
If you have are a person who has used windows before 95,xp,vista, win7 Windows 8 becomes counter productive.

I found my self looking for things which weren't there any-more, I really felt lost and disorientated which is never nice. Once you learn it i guess it's not bad but i honestly dislike how things are done in windows 8

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Elop (left-hand side) ...... Ballmer (right)
Evil conquering look ....... Looks a little stunned

Areuh-Areuh-Net already posted articles on how to survive 8 with 7 (supported for another x years...)
even on a 3960X with 32GB of 1800mhz ram, SSD RAID and SLI >¦-)

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post

Elop (left-hand side) ...... Ballmer (right)
Evil conquering look ....... Looks a little stunned
when stupidity meets idiocy

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
It was possible to install Windows 8 previews with local account too, but if I remember correctly the skip option was not very easy to find/notice.

But yes, it really isn't that good a GUI anyway. There seems to be a rule that MS always releases a half-baked version first, and then do it right three years later with next version. Maybe Windows 9 then... ;D

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
LoL, you are just amazing Love you fan boys. keep going...

I'm amazed you act sometimes.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I found my self looking for things which weren't there any-more, I really felt lost and disorientated which is never nice. Once you learn it i guess it's not bad but i honestly dislike how things are done in windows 8
IMO it's the same everytime Windows release a new OS.
Windows "Hide and Seek" Version 8

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
lumiatard