Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
How do i change the mouse mode in the default browser / firefox?

i see videos where at the left theres an option to change mouse mode? how do i get this?

To enable mouse/curser mode on the N900, slide your finger to the right from the bottom left corner of the display. A cursor icon will appear so tap on this and you will now be in mouse mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to hofman For This Useful Post:
For some reason this wont work it just scrolls to the right!

Ok i got it its a bit tempermental.

After several times I succeeded to do.
But I was never able to do the zoom making a circle on the screen. Someone knows if there is a video on youtube teaching how to draw this circle and zooming?

No idea about the gestures in firefox, but in the default browser you need to slide your finger/stylus in from outside the left side of the screen. So for example put your finger below the speaker and then slide it right until the arrow appears.. and be quick to tap it, the arrow disappears quite quick.

Zooming is quite easy to do with stylus, just draw a circle on the screen like you would with a pen. You don't need to try and make it spiral or anything, a normal circle is fine, and the size doesn't really matter either. Once you get it right with stylus you can adapt it to your finger. What caused me problems during the first days was that due to the touch screen being resistive I found that I needed to press the screen quite a bit when doing the circular motion for it to be detected correctly.

The Following User Says Thank You to low life For This Useful Post:

Tags
activate mouse, activate mouse mode, browser, enter mouse mode, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser, microb, mouse, mouse in browser, mouse mode, switch to mouse mode, web browser