Active Topics

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by thomasjfox View Post
If I click on "create bookmark", it shows the expected "bookmark created" screen. It also shows up on the "Recent bookmarks" overview.

Please go to System -> Rockbox info. Does it display "Version: unknown-110416"?
Yes i have the newest version "unknown-110416". I flashed my device and it don`t work too but now it shows if i click on "create bookmark" - "creating bookmark failed". if i look on "recent bookmarks" it shows a bookmark but i can`t play it.

Last edited by md_kks; 2011-05-22 at 12:57.

Originally Posted by md_kks View Post
Yes i have the newest version "unknown-110416". I flashed my device and it don`t work too but now it shows if i click on "create bookmark" - "creating bookmark failed". if i look on "recent bookmarks" it shows a bookmark but i can`t play it.
This is really odd. Do you do anything special to your N900 like reformat a partition / truecrypt it or something like that?

Do you store your music on the internal or external flash?

This is really odd. Do you do anything special to your N900 like reformat a partition / truecrypt it or something like that?

Do you store your music on the internal or external flash?
I flashed my device with the 8gb-vanilla. this vanilla has a 8gb optfs(home)-partition and not the usual 2gb but i don`t change the partition manually. maybe the rootfs and the swap is larger too but this i don`t know exactly.

i store my music on the internal memory.

i store my music on the internal memory.
I just found -something-: Do you happen to have files larger than 2GB in your music/media directory? Rockbox aborts the directory scan if it finds files larger than 2GB in a directory (fixed in SVN).

Cheers,
Thomas

thank you very much.

if you mean with "music/media directory" /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds than yes i had a folder with over 5gb. i removed this folder from my device but the problem is still there.

in the near future i will flash my device again with the normal vanilla. maybe that will bring a positive change.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I just found -something-: Do you happen to have files larger than 2GB in your music/media directory? Rockbox aborts the directory scan if it finds files larger than 2GB in a directory (fixed in SVN).

Cheers,
Thomas
Hey Thomas, thanks for the Rockbox Port. I'm a big fan of it, I used it on Sansa C200 until one year after the Sansa died. I bought N900 without knowing there was a port of Rockbox. When I saw it in the repositories, it was sooo nice.

I have a question for you; I have the same problem the user above me. I can't see nothing inside /home/user/MyDocs .
It appears in blank. Obviously, Rockbox DB only sees audio files out of this directory.
I have rebuilt database and nothing happens. I searched for a more than 2gb file and I don't find it.
What's the version in svn that allegedly fixes the bug and how do I install it? I tried to find it without success.

Thanks a lot!

i flashed my device with the normal vanilla and with the 8gb vanilla again but still bookmarks failed. obviusly his is not the reason.

i would also appreciate to if you can explain how to install the new svn because i dont kno a thing about.

i would also appreciate to if you can explain how to install the new svn because i dont kno a thing about.
New release for N900 is in extras-devel.

Changes:
- Update to rockbox 3.9 code base:
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes39

That also includes the mentioned 2GB file size fix.

The n8xx build will take some more time as there are currently build issues.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Paris
1 million thanks thomas and the rockbox dev ! What a eavy sound with this player ! Whoa
Who love music says rockbox !

The Following User Says Thank You to Julien_2006 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Hi. Thanks for porting my favourite player. I have to raport, that using Rockbox eats 100% of cpu, no matter which clock frequency I use. Equalizer is not modified. Any suggestions to see what could be wrong?

Tags
audiophile, rockbox