Active Topics

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Jolla announced via Twitter :
By popular request, here's a guide on setting up #WhatsApp for Android with audio notifications on your #Jolla: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203442828
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
What is
http://jolla.store.aptoide.com/ ??

Aptoide is an app store - but the adress above?
An official Jolla branch of the app store??
Apps "tested" and working on Jolla/Sailfish?

Also at the bottom there is a "
DOWNLOAD Jolla APP" - which leads to a -apk file. Is that die App that is also available in the Jolla Store?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kaktux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
Well the real problem is keeping whatsapp running in order to receive messages,which drains my battery pretty quick

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Can someone create a goolge store app/script like warehouse?

I dont want google play app any way to rename that?

thx

What happend with this one?
https://openrepos.net/content/schtur...taller-removed

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-01-09 at 18:48.

Originally Posted by baboo View Post
Well the real problem is keeping whatsapp running in order to receive messages,which drains my battery pretty quick
I suggest using WhatsApp+ ... I find it to be considerably better in this respect than the official WhatsApp client. In fact it works better generally, on both the Jolla and Android phones.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
I suggest using WhatsApp+ ... I find it to be considerably better in this respect than the official WhatsApp client. In fact it works better generally, on both the Jolla and Android phones.
Yeah, I'd suggest the same thing. WA+ works neat..

Originally Posted by Rundek11 View Post
Yeah, I'd suggest the same thing. WA+ works neat..
Unfortunately Facebook are now actively banning people using WA+. It appears they're determined to eliminate all third party app rather than just select ones. Doesn't bode well for a replacement for Mitakuuluu ...

Positive note is that they don't appear able to detect WA+ when it's run in Alien Dalvik.

So until such time as it stops working, I guess I'll be using the now end-of-life WA+.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Unfortunately Facebook are now actively banning people using WA+. It appears they're determined to eliminate all third party app rather than just select ones. Doesn't bode well for a replacement for Mitakuuluu ...

Positive note is that they don't appear able to detect WA+ when it's run in Alien Dalvik.

So until such time as it stops working, I guess I'll be using the now end-of-life WA+.
Exactly the reason why everyone should avoid single-vendor lockin'ed applications and protocols.
This cannot happen with xmpp, for example

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
This:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
everyone should avoid single-vendor lockin'ed applications and protocols.
Can we have this sentence to pop up every time Warehouse is launching?

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
anybody noticed that whatsapp now stays connected when you close it after their last update(v 2.11.505) ? or is it just me?

Edit : it seems that all my android applications are still connected in the background as they do on a regular android device.i have no idea how that happened. it could have been triggered by a certain app (?)

Last edited by baboo; 2015-01-27 at 14:35.

Tags
aindroid, essential apps