Notices

Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
does this play flac and ogg gapless?
Using the default Media Player? It seems to make gaps shorter and less "static-poppy" but otherwise no.

Must admit I have also noticed the lack of notification sounds and the randomness of the ringtone. Will be reverting - but will keep and eye on this for future development.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by ericj23 View Post
This will sound pretty noobish but whatcha going to do

So how do I copy paste that into x-term - I jus't dont fancy copying that lot by hand
In the browser, select it and choose "Copy" from the menu (or Ctrl+V).
In the xterm, choose "Paste" from the menu.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
is there a way of rerouting audio stream from an Ubuntu laptop to N900 using pulseaudio features?

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
As far as the random notification sounds go:

I reinstalled the old pulse audio package. I am still getting random notification sounds. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are the default sounds.

I am using Tweakr for profiles and MyContacts (not using group ringtones though).

I just had a default email notification this morning (after several correct ones). I shutdown MyContacts and the next notification was the correct sound.

Anyone else having that issue using either or both Tweakr profiles and MyContacts?

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
As far as the random notification sounds go:

I reinstalled the old pulse audio package. I am still getting random notification sounds. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are the default sounds.

I am using Tweakr for profiles and MyContacts (not using group ringtones though).

I just had a default email notification this morning (after several correct ones). I shutdown MyContacts and the next notification was the correct sound.

Anyone else having that issue using either or both Tweakr profiles and MyContacts?
Even if your not using Group Ringtones in MyContacts, the current version creates a symbolic link. If you go into settings after starting up MyContacts (or the widget starts) you can see it. The developer has said the next version will come with an option to disable that.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Even if your not using Group Ringtones in MyContacts, the current version creates a symbolic link. If you go into settings after starting up MyContacts (or the widget starts) you can see it. The developer has said the next version will come with an option to disable that.
Yes, I've been following that thread as well. Just wondering if there was any connection there.

Although I just recently realized that I had only re-installed the pulseaudio package, and not all the other packages that were replaced. (D'oh) So I have re-installed all the replaced pulseaudio packages, prevented MyContacts from starting automatically, and rebooted. We'll see how that goes.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post

Yes. I have tweakr but no MyContacts. Tweakr is installed but no extra profiles, just general and silent. I randomly get defaults. I thought that re-setting tones fixed it and it does except silly one-timers. Goes ding, ding, ding, klank, ding with no discernable rule or reason.

Worst offender is ringtone (phone rings and I look around annoyed) and alarm (Woke up at 12 today. Fortunatly I'm high enough up to not get in trouble).

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
what I notice is lower cpu usage when I listen to music through headphones than when listening through the speakers. But I don't know if it was also that way before.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by evan View Post
what I notice is lower cpu usage when I listen to music through headphones than when listening through the speakers. But I don't know if it was also that way before.
Always been like that, on speakers phone does some EQ to make it sound good.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.