Well I was thinking th HTC Hd2 is very capable device. I would love to see MeeGo get ported to the HTC Hd2 because Windows Mboile while it isn't horrible it is showing its age. However Windows Mobile is very hackable and Linux distributions have been ported to such as Android and Ubuntu. I wouldn't understand why the Hd2 couldn't run it. The haret.exe method could very easily work. I wonder would anyone be up to the challenge of porting it? I don't know I would love to see MeeGo on the HTC Hd2. The specs of the device seem to be capable of running it.

Last edited by railroadmaster; 2010-07-23 at 02:02.

I good to dream
I was thinking why MAEMO is not portet to other devices?
Maemo is so good, and most of the people try to make Android run on the N900, or Ubutu, or Mac. But I have not seen anybody asking to port Maemo to HTC or a google phone

Originally Posted by JorgeFX View Post
I good to dream
Maemo is so good, and most of the people try to make Android run on the N900, or Ubutu, or Mac. But I have not seen anybody asking to port Maemo to HTC or a google phone
I could see why Maemo on the HTC Hd2 wouldn't be possible but MeeGo would be. Isn't MeeGo fully open source and thus wouldn't it be possible. Besides I asked for MeeGo not Maemo.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted by JorgeFX View Post
I good to dream
I visit the xda-developers forums quite a bit (for the android port to my sister's hd2) and I've actually seen someone ask if they could port maemomeego before.

Originally Posted by RogerTHAcctant View Post
I visit the xda-developers forums quite a bit (for the android port to my sister's hd2) and I've actually seen someone ask if they could port maemomeego before.
I have seen the Android port and it isn't bad. the Ubuntu port for the Hd2 is very good but it is killed by the fact that it has a capacitive touchscreen which isn't optimized for a cursor. However MeeGo would be ideal because it is a full Linux os that has been optimized for mobile devices with capacitive touchscreens.

Maemo is based on linux, so is Android and Ubuntu (Which is basically linux anyway).

Because the HTC HD2 is based on windows (something not even remotely close to the linux os) It would be extremely, and I mean extremely difficult to port meego to windows mobile in a working condition. Think of it as tryna change a car into as airplane hard. Hell, most would even say its impossible. But I'm not that type :/

Simply put, meego is based on linux, ssame with android (sort of), and Ubunto. Porting meego to a windows os would be extremely difficult...

Unless of course some one conjures up a virtual machine or something along those lines for windows mobile, Which is of course, still difficult

Edit: Just realized I wondered of the actual topic and was thinking to myself...ignore the above post ;D...

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-07-23 at 02:30.

Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
Maemo is based on linux, so is Android and Ubuntu (Which is basically linux anyway).

Because the HTC HD2 is based on windows (something not even remotely close to the linux os) It would be extremely, and I mean extremely difficult to port meego to windows mobile in a working condition. Think of it as tryna change a car into as airplane hard. Hell, most would even say its impossible. But I'm not that type :/

Simply put, meego is based on linux, ssame with android (sort of), and Ubunto. Porting meego to a windows os would be extremely difficult...

Unless of course some one conjures up a virtual machine or something along those lines for windows mobile, Which is of course, still difficult
No it has been done. Video of Android here running here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyglmQmv3uU via haret.exe. video of Ubuntu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p70HU_Mq5F0.
Also I wondering if MeeGo could be ported not Maemo. Maemo is more dead than Windows Mobile. MeeGo would be ideal because it is a FULL Linux os. The Linux Kernel has been ported the Hd2.

People seem to think I'm asking for Maemo for the HTC Hd2 when the title clearly says MeeGo.

Meego is beta at this point, isn't even worth porting. Although, if it is true that they can port android and ubuntu to hd2, through modified kernels and such. Then its more than possible to port meego to the hd2, guess not much people are interested in that at this time. I dunno, it would probably make more sense if you posted this in an HTC forum.

Saying things like "maemo is more dead than Windows Mobile," in this forum...well kinda turns us off if you know what I mean....maemo simply pwns and is by far one of the best OS available for smart phones at this time, the only other worthy rival being android...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
MeeGo would be ideal because it is a FULL Linux os.
I wouldn't really consider it a FULL linux os as I heard Meego doesn't have desktops but rather a home screen which launches apps to appeal to the masses. In other words it's not truly linux.