I've been having the nokia 770 for about 2 weeks now and have (with this forums help) tweaked it in just the ways i wanted. Then I skewed up. I accidentally installed mozilla browser from the maemo.org website. I didn't realize that was an os2007 app. Now my n770 browser won't render web pages at all (though i can still connect to the internet with all other installed applications). Can this be fixed? Thanx

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
I am assuming you installed microb, if you did, there should be a new entry on the menu in your browser, called 'hidden' i think, it should give you options to switch between the different engines. I would try just removing what you installed first and see if that fixes it, just so you know there is a microb for OS 2006 for the 770 if you used the repo i don't see how(unless you are in red pill mode) you could install the wrong version. If this did not help get back to us with a little more info, good luck.

Last edited by ericdkirk; 2007-10-18 at 14:08.

He probably cannot even get to the menu item hidden because it will crash right away. Go to your application manager and click on Show installed applications. Find the microb-browser and select it. Click the uninstall button. Hopefully that should resolve your problem.

Hey last resort you can always re-flash your 770.
"less is like more but better"

Thanks, the "hidden" option in the browser tab did the trick. I just had to switch back to the opera browser. I'm so glad that I didn't have to flash and loose those hours of tweaking.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny Florida
Originally Posted by noob View Post
... I'm so glad that I didn't have to flash and loose those hours of tweaking.
Ya, but the tweaking and flashing and flashing and flashing can be so much fun.