Posts: 78 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Melbourne
tried to search the thread, no luck,

as i saw the N900 setting video,
at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVCZ3f8-AhI
in 1.35 it shows the profile setting on N900,

it only show general and silent with the vibrate tick box,
i know N900 will only have 2 profile, but can it be customized? changing ring tones, message tones?

thanks guys.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bologna - Italy
Hi BaKSo,

The N900 has two profile : standard and silent. You can customize the standard provile using the menu - settings - Profiles chosing :
- The ringtone ( chosing a ringtone and the volume )
- The sms sound ( chosing a ringtone and the volume )
- The chat sound ( chosing a ringtone and the volume )
- The e-mail sonud ( chosing a ringtone and the volume )
- The level of the system sond
- The key sound
- The screen sonud

and you can choose to activate or not the vibration.

Bye

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matteone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
The deceiving part of this is that it's not immediately obvious you can and must scroll down to view the additional options, such as ringtones... also, the settings don't automatically recognize audio files you previously added to the ringtones folder-- they need to also be added specifically to the Profile settings. I call the latter a bug, and the former a UI shortcoming.

It would also be nice if I could access the Profile applet from any reference to Phone...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Would be really good to be able to add more profiles too.

I'm used to Nokia E series and was pretty useful to select a profile for work, for home, outside ecc.

Would be awesome to customize vibration too, I can't actually feel it most of times.

Most of us lives in noisy cities and I can't get a call when on street with this phone.

I just opened my N900 and I am pissed I only get two profiles. I need another option for work at least. My E71 has several profile options....BS

What I would like to see is a way to turn vibrate off when the N900 is charging like my E90.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by sschueller View Post
What I would like to see is a way to turn vibrate off when the N900 is charging like my E90.
Yep, the worst case scenario is that vibration will eventually drop your phone from the table. Only two profiles is definitely something that will be enhanced in the near future. Does anyone know whether there is development work by Nokia going on currently?

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Joseon
! SOLUTION !

If you need more profiles just install "ProfilesX Extended" from Application Manager (i think you need to add repository - testeng,extras). After installing you will find it in "settings".

. Is able to make "new profiles" with desired name. Auto-answer and "speaker on answer" option, easy change between, icon in task menu. is a "must have" application.
Attached Images

Last edited by SMAr2wo; 2013-08-20 at 23:50. Reason: incomplete