Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Has anybody already posted http://conversations.nokia.com/design-by-community/ here?

Sounds like an interesting exercise for the average Talk contributor.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
been there, done that added bookmark to page :-D

Looks like an interessting idea and who knows what will come out of this.

Regards,
Glasswalker

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
I'm impressed.
So many hardware designs but story of Apple shows that there is no need for zilion of devices "for everyone".
I see this now as need for software development.
Hardware performance of different devices tend to become similar and software makes the real difference.
That's only my point of view but now I see that I can select different devices that meet or almost meet my expectations from the hardware side, the thing is I don't like using WM phones and what I read about android makes me bit sceptic.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XTC For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Has anybody already posted http://conversations.nokia.com/design-by-community/ here?

Sounds like an interesting exercise for the average Talk contributor.
Hm, I'm not sure how valuable the results will be since it won't let you submit your preference if it thinks it's "too way out there" (such as if you select N810-like specs for example).

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
this will get us a capacitive screen I fear... multitouch sucks where ever I meet it...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
It's an interesting exercise, but doesn't allow enough flexibility in my opinion. But then, I used to be a consumer product designer...

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
4" resistive, 16:9 screen, qwerty keyboard without secondary buttons... RUNNING MEEGO!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I wish I knew what the "Secondary buttons" choices meant, as I don't feel I can vote without knowing. Several people have posted comments on that page asking.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I assumed since it's a slider from "Power only" it'll be additional HW buttons, like volume, locks slide, media buttons, etc.

To me it's simple. Full QWERTY, resistive. Pump everything else in screen size and quality. I think N900 would have been perfect if the screen was phone-size (save from a small band for sensors on top).

I miss a "cool" features checkbox thingy where I can check temp sensors, USB host, maybe dual accelerometers and a RJ45 port

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I assumed since it's a slider from "Power only" it'll be additional HW buttons, like volume, locks slide, media buttons, etc.
But the choices are "Hot key only" and "Hot key + one touch" - I have no idea what those are!