Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
I have two (different service providers) as primary 'phones.
Wouln't have anything else.

The Following User Says Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
I bought mine when it first came out and it died on me 2 weeks ago. I bought another on saturday which last 1 day as the usb broke off. Ordered another sunday, but yes MAIN phone indeed. I cant find a phone to match it, simply the best for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ast007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Well, soon will have a lot of Qt5 and Wayland apps and lot of Qt4 apps will be ported to Qt5, won't we/them?
..i would really (no joke) like to see all those (hopefully mobile-enabled) Qt5 apps. But that, with high possibility, won't be touch optimized or consistently designed. I refrain from using re-compiled desktop programs since i had to battle with geeqie, xarchiver or especially claws-mail (modest is just plain crap) on the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
I'm used to wisely choose my phones and keep them until they are far outdated, so I still use my n900 as my main phone.

I had a HTC Universal from 2005 to 2009 and I bought a n900 as soon as it was released.
I unfortunately lost it one year ago and no other phone on the market seemed as open and interresting as the n900, so I ended buying a second-hand one.

I haven't a laptop, and I used my n900 as a laptop with an USB hub/keyboard/mouse during my last holidays thanks to usb-host mode (charging), TV-out and easy-debian/debbie.

In the short run, I'll maybe buy a second n900 as a backup phone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bearserker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
I am having an n900 since the day it was released in India. I lost one by Oct'12, but I managed to get an used one simply bcos nothing else can replace an n900. This is my primary phone yet. And will be, until its death.

The Following User Says Thank You to manojkumaru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Pretoria, South Africa
I got my beloved N900 when released and still my main phone. I had had no problems with it to date (touch wood), the best by far...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by avasz View Post
I have a Nokia n900 and Geeksphone Keon with Firefox OS.
Since Firefox OS in Keon is still in testing phase and its capacitive touch, I still use n900 as my main phone, everyday.
I am curious to know your experiences with FirefoxOS. Does it feel as open as the N900? I know that there is no real comparison in terms of hardware between the Keon and the N900, of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to ballfresno For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Have used n900 for a week and then n9 for a week and let me tell you it wasn't pretty. Nice to be back at 6 inch screen again. :-D

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
as for me am still using N900 as my phone in addition to nokia e6 as a business line and n900 as a private line and for me.. n900 is the best phone ever released and i adore it alot

N900 rocks for ever

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salahkhani For This Useful Post:
N900 is the only Mobile computer on the market. It is for sure my main phone.

I bought the Nokia N9 which I consider garbage. It's dusting down.

I am now interested in the Ubuntu Edge, which also seems to be a Mobile computer rather than just a smartphone. It lacks the hardware keyboard though, but I will happily buy it.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge

The Following User Says Thank You to zeebra For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900