Notices

Originally Posted by tanago View Post
You dont need the whole 720p thing, just the libgstdsp.so placed in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/

then you have 2 options to revert to the stock libgstdsp
1. Backup the stock file before replacing.
Code:
apt-get purge gstreamer0.10-dsp
apt-get install gstreamer0.10-dsp
Alright, will do that. I'll follow this thread and see if I can be of further help testing stuff. I don't know why it doesn't work right now and I can't find proper log files, but let's see what the future brings. Thanks so far, also for all your efforts!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tschaka For This Useful Post:
dspjpegenc -ok (default)
jpegenc -ok (saving seems faster)
ipp - camera is black
quality at 100% & 720p & kp52
CSSU-T latest version

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2013-07-18 at 11:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Tschaka View Post
Alright, will do that. I'll follow this thread and see if I can be of further help testing stuff. I don't know why it doesn't work right now and I can't find proper log files, but let's see what the future brings. Thanks so far, also for all your efforts!
Yes I dont know too where to search for log files according that bug. Thank you anyway

Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
dspjpegenc -ok (default)
jpegenc -ok (saving seems faster)
ipp - camera is black
quality at 100%
ipp combined with which jpg encoder? Did you restart the phone after editing the .conf file?

Also dspjpegenc doesnt have 'quality' property so it wont read 'quality=xx' setting only jpegenc will.
dspjpegenc has quality of 90. after doing a research about jpeg quality, more than 85 is invisible for the human eye. and more than 95 scales very much with file size while actual quality improvement is very very minor. For example quality 95 will produce 2mb photo, quality 100- 4mb while the comparison will show only a slight difference in the Baseline Image (in photoshop or any other software) which is completely invisible as i said for your eyes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
ippjpegenc seems a little bit faster in saving and accesing saved photo(quality read in info 85,5)i think the speed is due using more cpu times i have seen seen this in cpu load applet
but ippdspjpegenc seems having more quality while zooming in and better compression , pictures are few kb smaller (also 85,5 ) read by photo details
I will stay with ippdsp for now
could you share your video profiles to test them?
CSSU-T latest version

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2013-07-18 at 14:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
Thats nice, with dspipp,jpegenc and 100% quality photos are 2.5-3 MB indeed and thats the best photo quality that we can achieve on our N900.
Nope, the "best photo quality" we can achieve with camera-ui2 is by using "r" on keyboard, and saving them as RAW They can be post-processed on N900 using EasyDebian and UFRaw, afterwards.

This way, one can entirely avoid mess with dropping dsp jpg encoder, keeping ability to shot quickly saved, good quality, small sized jpg's for casual photographs, while still having possibility to save best quality possible (tm), important photos as RAW.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Well, I think it is me to blame for the crashing dspipp. Please try the attached libgstdsp.so to see if it makes any difference and report.

What is different with the one from the 720p thread is this https://gitorious.org/~freemangordon...41fe0bdd484aea commit.
Attached Files
File Type: zip libgstdsp.zip (68.2 KB, 70 views)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
... They can be post-processed on N900 using EasyDebian and UFRaw, afterwards.
Agreed. But the correction I struggle with (and the default Nokia camera does VERY well), is vignetting. Extremely difficult to iradicate that lighter centre of the pic.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, I think it is me to blame for the crashing dspipp. Please try the attached libgstdsp.so to see if it makes any difference and report.

What is different with the one from the 720p thread is this https://gitorious.org/~freemangordon...41fe0bdd484aea commit.
Thanks, but that didn't fix it. Still the same behaviour:
First, taking a photo the camera application shows a black screen for a sec, then returns to picture taking mode, at the second picture, it shows the taken picture for a second, at the third picture it crashes. all files are at 0 bytes eventually. So that unfortunately didn't help.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tschaka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Tschaka View Post
Thanks, but that didn't fix it. Still the same behaviour:
First, taking a photo the camera application shows a black screen for a sec, then returns to picture taking mode, at the second picture, it shows the taken picture for a second, at the third picture it crashes. all files are at 0 bytes eventually. So that unfortunately didn't help.
Well, it is something else then, as I was able to take 10-15 photos in a row, with both dspjpegenc and jpegenc.

cssu-thumb 8.2 and Harmattan DSP codecs here.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, it is something else then, as I was able to take 10-15 photos in a row, with both dspjpegenc and jpegenc.

cssu-thumb 8.2 and Harmattan DSP codecs here.
Good Morning. I am also having CSSU-Thumb 8.2, but codec-wise everything is stock (except that one lib). I suppose the Harmattan DSP codecs are the ones from the 720 thread? If so, I'd try that and restate if it works now or not. Also, I still have v51 power kernel, but I suppose that shouldn't matter, should it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Tschaka For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle