has anyone had issues with fmms with IPv6? i get the notification but can't download image, running in havoc mode. i see fmms uses IPv4 addresses in its settings.

Originally Posted by db_tobago View Post
has anyone had issues with fmms with IPv6? i get the notification but can't download image, running in havoc mode. i see fmms uses IPv4 addresses in its settings.
Oh I see. fmms brings up a second interface on the phone network. It then tries to connect to the mms server over that interface. That won't work when libnat64 is active. fmms should work in polite mode (have to disconnect from ipv6 connection), or havoc mode when you're on wifi. I'm not sure how to make libnat64 compatible with what fmms needs.

The Following User Says Thank You to ddrown For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
When I tried to share my ipv6 connection using Mobile HotSpot with my N810, I got the message from TMobile that I don't have a data plan. True (for the N810) but I thought I would be able to share the N900 ipv6 connection without buying a new data plan. Is this the way it's expected to work?

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
When I tried to share my ipv6 connection using Mobile HotSpot with my N810, I got the message from TMobile that I don't have a data plan. True (for the N810) but I thought I would be able to share the N900 ipv6 connection without buying a new data plan. Is this the way it's expected to work?
You would only get that response from the IPv4 APN, not the IPv6 APN. So, my guess is that you were sharing the IPv4 network not the IPv6 network.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I assume you're talking about the app "Mobile HotSpot" for the n900. That app is only going to work with an ipv4 connection, because it requires an ipv4 address on the GPRS side.

Since the gprs ipv6 connection is a /64, you can route that to your wifi and give everyone a public address. I've been meaning to setup a script to do this (along the lines of what Mobile HotSpot does, but for ipv6). I even have radvd compiled for the n900, so automatic address configuration works.

Originally Posted by ddrown View Post
I assume you're talking about the app "Mobile HotSpot" for the n900. That app is only going to work with an ipv4 connection, because it requires an ipv4 address on the GPRS side.

Since the gprs ipv6 connection is a /64, you can route that to your wifi and give everyone a public address. I've been meaning to setup a script to do this (along the lines of what Mobile HotSpot does, but for ipv6). I even have radvd compiled for the n900, so automatic address configuration works.
That would be AWESOME. I think some of the other handset guys have looked at doing this an L2 bridge while proxying the ND

Originally Posted by tmojoe View Post
That would be AWESOME. I think some of the other handset guys have looked at doing this an L2 bridge while proxying the ND
Ok, I setup a simple shell script and uploaded my radvd package. This uses routing instead of bridging.

http://code.google.com/p/n900ipv6/wi...nectionSharing

I have it use an ipv4 subnet for DHCP (to hand out the DNS address), as well as local DNS traffic. Any device connected this way is going to have the same problems (IPv4 literals) as the handset.

I was thinking about ways of handling nat64 on the handset that works with tethering. I came up with something else (incompatible with the libnat64 library):

http://code.google.com/p/n900ipv6/wiki/Nat64D

As a bonus, skype works now. Also, fmms in havoc mode should work with it.

I still need to update the ipv6-share script to work under this, but it'll be possible.

Before I install it, can you please clarify a few things?
1. "The scripts /etc/network/if-up.d/nat64-up and /etc/network/if-down.d/nat64-down start and stop the nat64d process."
Does the script need to be started manually, or is it started automatically at reboot?

2. Is it necessary for the script to be started in order for Skype to work?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by ddrown View Post
I was thinking about ways of handling nat64 on the handset that works with tethering. I came up with something else (incompatible with the libnat64 library):

http://code.google.com/p/n900ipv6/wiki/Nat64D

As a bonus, skype works now. Also, fmms in havoc mode should work with it.

I still need to update the ipv6-share script to work under this, but it'll be possible.
Uninstalled libnat64 1.3, installed nat64d, reboot

Gtalk works, skype doesn't, geeps loads, but doesn't get gps info from internet.

When I start xterm, I see the following message repeated 6x :
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libnat64.s0' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded: ignored.

Let me know if more info is needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:

Tags
ipv6s, tmobile