Posts: 26 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
did you try

?
I have now tried that, too. No change. Phone doesn't seem to detect TOHKBD.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
I have now tried that, too. No change. Phone doesn't seem to detect TOHKBD.
come on irc to troubleshoot or email at info at funkyotherhalf.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
come on irc to troubleshoot or email at info at funkyotherhalf.com
I just love this kind of answer. Not everyone is on IRC 24/7. Not everyone has time for IRC. Heck, not everyone even knows how to IRC. I for one have lived happily without IRC for decades until I was forced to acknowledge its existence by this very forum.

You, on the other hand, clearly have time to read and post replies to TMO. Why can't you just post the answer instead of directing people to yet another channel and ending up having to answer the same question twice?

Not to mention that if you answer here, others will see it and you may avoid similar questions in the future, thus saving yourself even more time.

(Sorry, Dirk, this was not directed at you in particular. And yes, this particular question requires more detail, best discussed interractively on something like IRC. It's just that this kind of reply has started to become way too common and my cup has overfloweth )

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Dear pichlo. Dirkvl have given a link to web-interface to the IRC channel, so anybody could use it whitout knowing WTF is IRC. And as you said this particular problem would need some details, and a particular analysis of the problem.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
and second thing is, actually almost nobody will read whole 132 pages long post... (searching doesn't always find what you need)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bobsikus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
IRC just happens to be the best channel for this kind of interaction.
It is fast, reliable, free and independent of any company trying to force their method of extortion on users.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
IRC just happens to be the best channel for this kind of interaction.
It is fast, reliable, free and independent of any company trying to force their method of extortion on users.
yes.

and for those that are afraid to click on that link or lack the creativity to think of a funny nickname:

Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
email at info at funkyotherhalf.com

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@All, please note this bit:

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
(Sorry, Dirk, this was not directed at you in particular. And yes, this particular question requires more detail, best discussed interractively on something like IRC. It's just that this kind of reply has started to become way too common and my cup has overfloweth )
Again, sorry, it was not meant as anything against Dirk per se and I admitted that this instance was indeed best solved interactively. It is more of a general comment as this kind of answer that is not always as helpful as it might be.

Anyway, I'll get me coat.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post
1. While some of the keys were fairly unresponsive at first but have gotten better over time, my S key is still very unresponsive; I have to press it properly hard for it to register. K and U are almost as bad. This is my number one worry right now as most of the other annoyances are likely fixable by tweaking the software.
Very weird...now my K and U keys work just like all the others while S is a bit more responsive than it was, but D, J and W have become almost impossible to use.

Even weirder, while D, J & W aren't working when pressed separately (unless sometimes if pressed rather hard), if I just draw my finger on a row of keys like asdfghjk, D, J & W effortlessly trigger with normal pressure! Video (720p) link below, which also demonstrates how it occasionally stops responding.

TOHKBD rev2 - Odd problem with some keys

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd