Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by yawuji View Post
Found this new clips in youtube - Red and Black TOHKBD . Seems like one of the buyers has uploaded them couple of days ago ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2MIZ2oWc6U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NEgjkxrgqA
He is going to go crazy when he finds out you can launch apps straight from the kb

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Kimmoli, if I can make a wish: If possible, make alt-tab work like it does in desktop os's: so that the app that is activated with the first alt-tab keystroke is the one I used last (before the current one). That way you can quickly switch back and forth between two apps with single alt-tab's.

(The way it now works, I have six apps open, I'm in app 1 and switch to app 2 with alt-tab; to get back to app 1, I need to cycle through apps 3..6.)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
He is going to go crazy when he finds out you can launch apps straight from the kb
Absolutely ...

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
I received my white/blue/carbon fibre/Finnish layout TOHKBD2 this morning .
Thank you Kimmo, Dirk and Andrew for your collaboration.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tangent For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
You should protect cells in the "TOHKBD order status" document. People is editing and ****ing all the day. Let only edit cells outside the data you write.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Kimmoli, if I can make a wish: If possible, make alt-tab work like it does in desktop os's: so that the app that is activated with the first alt-tab keystroke is the one I used last (before the current one). That way you can quickly switch back and forth between two apps with single alt-tab's.

(The way it now works, I have six apps open, I'm in app 1 and switch to app 2 with alt-tab; to get back to app 1, I need to cycle through apps 3..6.)
I know this and i will check is there anything i can do. I don't have access to lipstick to get the list of apps that have covers (which would be in most-recent-used order).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
I know this and i will check is there anything i can do. I don't have access to lipstick to get the list of apps that have covers (which would be in most-recent-used order).
There's a Patchmanager patch that prevents the automatic reordering of covers by order of recency. Could the code of that patch help, by actually finding the recency information and preventing changes, or does it work in a different way?

The BlueKey-Ins screenshot feature is nice - no switching to a screenshot app and back again, then wait for the timeout

... but please, let's have chronologically sorted filenames: ccyymmdd-hhmmss-sss instead of ddmmccyy-... ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to viking65 For This Useful Post:
What do we call the blue keys ?

Sym has been suggested, but is taken by Alt-Sym, so are they:
Blue-, AltGr-, Fn-, Mod-, Meta-, Super-, Hyper-, ... keys ?

The functionality is mostly as AltGr keys.

What is the intended purpose of the Alt-Sym thingy - currently, it doesn't do anything ?

A few observations and ideas ...

Now running software version 0.2.4, keyboard usable since installing 0.2.3 - Blue keys didn't do anything on older versions (except PgUp/PgDn).

The Ins key does nothing, e.g. in an editor (joe in FingerTerm).
Screenshot on Blue-Ins works, so physical key is fine - must be the key mapping.
Would be nice to get Insert/Overtype working ...

There are two colums of keys: 3,w,s,x,Shift(Left) and 0,o,l,!,@ which have very little backlight.
From tests in low-light conditions, this doesn't seem to be a big problem, though.

In FingerTerm, turn VKB Off, so it doesn't "popup" all the time when using the TOHKBD2 .
Now, the term app is just as useful as on the n900 - my main reason for choosing Jolla when the n900 died .

A CapsLock-like stickiness of Ctrl and Blue could be useful, maybe exclusive (one cancels the other) ?
Not sure how that could be mapped (and indicated), though, without losing the current (and very useful) sticky feature.
Any ideas, NY1 ?

In the Settings app, a keyboard tester could be nice.
Show a map of the keyboard, light up the keys as they are pressed (and turn off on release, of course).
Maybe show the keycodes (*) as well, for keyboard remapping, if useful ?
(*): Or whatever kmap2qmap needs, haven't checked ...

My Space key needs a little extra pressure , but all other keys are working fine
Hoping wear-in will improve that, though - already a bit better now, or I've gotten more pushy .

KS #958, keyboard arrived on 11/6 - a few frustrating days before the software Q&A release .

Alumide/Alumide/CarbonBlack - Alumide surfaces felt a bit rough at first, but are becoming better after a bit of wear.

The Following User Says Thank You to viking65 For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd