Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
This article says the N9 is now selling in the US.. officially?

http://www.phonenews.com/nokia-selli...-states-20341/
It has been available on Amazon forever in the US. All NOKIA phones on the USA website are sold thru Amazon, so I dont understand the point.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Expansys?

+10

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Does frys do parallel imports?I'd never heard of them, the N9 is basically EOL now right. It Seems odd timing to be a coincidence, given the pure views being released in the US as well, but like I mentioned parallel would make sense given N9's reaching clearance time with some retailers.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
Please don't Flame.

Why would I want to buy an N9 now?

Not trying to be funny, but I'm guessing most N9 customers ( in the U.S.) would be N900 fans, at this stage in N9 lifespan why would they buy one? What is better/ needed/ missing from N900?

For one it has provisioning so work email can come thru. Faster connectivity in general and georgepus device. Everything else is de-evolution

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
You never heard of Fry's? They are the Wal-Mart of electronic gear here in the western US.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2011 @ /dev/ttyS0
Yeah, if they are trying to unload them they should be around $200 for the 16gb model, and $300 for the 64gb model. A local cell phone shop had advertised that they can get 16gb for about $350 a month ago.

The problem I see is that why would most consumers pay $600 for 2 year old hardware when they can spend that (or less) for other brand new top model devices.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
You never heard of Fry's? They are the Wal-Mart of electronic gear here in the western US.
very first place I visited, then Radio Shack, then Fry's, then Fry's, then Fry's, then {goto 1}

EDIT

If (Fry's) open then
Goto Fry's
Else
Wait until (Fry's) open
End if

Last edited by nieldk; 2012-05-11 at 17:37.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Lorul2:

The N9 is smaller and lighter and faster than the N900. The N900 never recieved the glowing reviews that the N9 did. I paid less for the N9 than I did for my two N900s.

I agree that the N900 is competitive with the N9 in many ways, but lately I am rarely using mine.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
TBH I never heard of them either, but then being outside of the US you could guess why that may be.

On topic though, the article does not really hold any correlation to the screen grab from fry's. One can only hope this to be true but it will be too little too late if it is. I won't be holding my breath.

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-05-11 at 17:42.