Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
did you check what is the *used* space before and after cssu-thumb? as the reported free space on a compressed fs could be a bit misleading.
Mmmmm, no I only checked the free space before and after. So that's maybe the explanation. I can try to restore the backupmenu before Thumb and compare.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Do you have fcam drivers installed? If yes, install fcam-drivers from extras-devel and your camera should be fine again.

performed an install through the Terminal coz in my app extra-devel catalogue it was not appearing. had to perform an update of my fcam-drivers through a command apt-get install fcam-drivers & walaa, now works perfectly. thanks again

By the way, is it possible to uninstall Nokia Kernel without messing up too much? I haven't been able to find any info about that in the forums.

Once in Thumb it makes no sense to keep it, as you can't roll back, anyway.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Hi,if you want to remove kernel-power,that is impossible,because thumb needed from him,the titan-krernel isn't work with thumb.This is my opinion.
regards

Originally Posted by disappear View Post
Hi,if you want to remove kernel-power,that is impossible,because thumb needed from him,the titan-krernel isn't work with thumb.This is my opinion.
regards
Not what I said. I mean removing the original kernel provided by Nokia, which is useless as you cannot boot a Thumb system with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Code:
apt-get purge kernel kernel-flasher kernel-modules
Make doubly sure you have the kernel-power equivalents first!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2014 @ mumbai,maharashtra,India
i have update maemo 5 ssu community (thumb) in my nokia n900 ...after at all my camera doesn't work it don"t open..... please help me. how to solve this....

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Berlin
Is there any reason, why CSSU-thumb ships its own libx11-data? Libx11-data contains no binaries and has architecture "all".

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by frafI View Post
Is there any reason, why CSSU-thumb ships its own libx11-data? Libx11-data contains no binaries and has architecture "all".
because libx11-data is a result of the same source package where libx11 is and cssu-thumb ships thumb-compiled libx11.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Berlin
What I actually meant, was any (e.g. technical) reason beside that (sorry my question was too broad) or an additional change in the data package.
If there is now reason to include your own version, you could have e.g. commented out the libx11-data part and use the non-thumb libx11-data as a dependency, since thumb is just like a different architecture and libx11-data has arch "all".

Reading your answer I assume that there was no such a reason, but I wanted to explain that my question is not as silly, as it may sound.

The Following User Says Thank You to frafI For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life