Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Makassar INDONESIA
Originally Posted by toebaer View Post
and it is working

The good thing with this is that it includes public transport for routing/directions also outside of my town, which is not the case for NokiaMaps, as far as I know and I am concerned.

But using the keyboard is a bit cumbersome..

Anyways, thanks very much for that, it is otherwise really fast and neat...
Great! Glad you post the problem (I've told you...ehm)

Now Meego user can enjoy the official maps as well.

Btw, what do you mean w/ keyboard? In the MIDlet Setting from PhoneMe there's a setting to turn-off the virtual keyboard

Last edited by semdev01; 2012-12-18 at 09:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to semdev01 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by semdev01 View Post
Great! Glad you post the problem (I've told you...ehm)

Now Meego user can enjoy the official mpas as well.

Btw, what do you mean w/ keyboard? In the Run MIDlet from PhoneMe there's a setting to turnoff the virtual keyboard
Yes, I have seen that. Enabling virtual keyboard should let me use the native virtual keyboard of the N9? I have the impression that this does not work properly, but I would have to test it a bit more systematically. Disabling the virtual keyboard then requires me to use the built in virtual keyboard of phoneme which works alright...

Well, in case you can't use the full touchscreen function just let me know (because in Maemo there is no virtual keyboard? Everything is touch navigation e.g pan & zoom except the Menu of course)

Last edited by semdev01; 2012-12-18 at 09:41.

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Is it a known bug that my login credentials are forgotten if I run another app like opera mini with phoneme? Any workaround?

Originally Posted by bibek View Post
Is it a known bug that my login credentials are forgotten if I run another app like opera mini with phoneme? Any workaround?
Hello bibek!

Quite off topic, anyway what do you mean w/ login credential?

Is it auto login in Opera Mini during accessing some sites such as Facebook?

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ jodhpur
installed with custom icon.
getting error login failed.
rest the application is working fine and fast.
thanks
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rpjitendra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rpjitendra View Post
installed with custom icon.
getting error login failed.
rest the application is working fine and fast.
thanks
error login? You mean GPS can't find your current location perhaps?

There is a workaround for that @ post #5 -> http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...12&postcount=5

Could you share the icon here pls? (I will attach it on 1st page)

Last edited by semdev01; 2012-12-19 at 00:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to semdev01 For This Useful Post:
I've been playing with semdev's instructions on getting GPS working and it seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes I can get the option to appear by making a Latitude status change, and other times it doens't work. Also, just letting the app sit idle will magically make the GPS work, but I haven't figured out how long it takes. So GPS.....inconsistently. Still, this is much much better than any of the other mapping apps we have!

Originally Posted by jw461 View Post
I've been playing with semdev's instructions on getting GPS working and it seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes I can get the option to appear by making a Latitude status change, and other times it doens't work. Also, just letting the app sit idle will magically make the GPS work, but I haven't figured out how long it takes. So GPS.....inconsistently. Still, this is much much better than any of the other mapping apps we have!
Yuhuu jw 641, it's nice to see you again!

You are right about GPS inconsistency sometimes, hopefully we will find the cause one day (I strongly suspicious Google Maps having trouble when pinpointing nearby cell tower using assisted GPS)

Overall, the application is still pretty usable though? (btw, the maps is superior because made by Google hahah)

Last edited by semdev01; 2012-12-18 at 23:13.

Yes, very usable. I use this exclusively now. Other than the GPS issue, it's clearly better (faster, better UI, less buggy) than any of the other applications we have, including Ovi Maps.