Active Topics

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
nothing hot there, i'm certain the phone is a Aava reference device for MeeGo development and the tablet is just some concept running netbook MeeGo

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Well well, an x86-based device, can you say "PC games on a phone"?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
yep its just a Aava device and was at the MeeGo conference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STsUke0oAXQ

there as been x86 devices since day 1 of MeeGo Handset development from Aava so its nothing new

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-12-03 at 14:19.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Ok then NOTHING NEww..

R u happy NOWW.
offffffffffffffffffffffffff

The Following User Says Thank You to !!Nokia N900!! For This Useful Post:
More at Nokia Blog. Suggestion that N9 will come in hardware keyboard and no-hardware keyboard versions. That makes sense. You need as much choice to make meego a success and since there is no evidence that hardware manufacturers are going to jump on this the way they have with windows 7 so it is up to Nokia to be the source of options.

http://mynokiablog.com/2010/12/03/in...-00-and-n9-01/

The HI/LO Vibrant smartphone is based on Intel Atom
...and this means either HUGE battery or sucking lifetime. Intel attempts to sell devices of this kind 3rd time or so. I can't understand what they're trying to achieve since x86 will definitely lose battle to ARM when it comes to power consumption.

And x86 compatibility? Who cares? Why I have to care? Linux runs well on any CPU. Am I really expected to try to run Windows on such screen and even try to play PC games? Worst joke I ever seen. Windows interface is completely unusable on 4" screens and such. Same goes for x86 games as well - they were designed with keyboard and mouse in mind. Or maybe joystick. So, how can I play them reasonably well on device which lacks these devices?! And if software have to be adjusted to small device specifics anyway, I see no trouble if it have to be also built for ARM instead of x86 as part of this process.

After all I have a little idea why x86 should be put into phone/small tablet. ARM kicks an ***** when it comes to battery life, power consumption and energy management. And for some reason I'm always want it to be small battery and provide a decent operating times

The Following User Says Thank You to PowerUser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
nothing hot there, i'm certain the phone is a Aava reference device for MeeGo development
Aava mobile DV2 to be precise, I have one of those on my desk.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
yeahn and u got too have a fan to so the X86 doesbnt burn.

I really hope nokia doesnt go intel on meego. I want cortex no shitty old X86 arkitecture from 1970

Tags
not hot