Posts: 104 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Has anyone checked ot this app - @scene ? It is actually a standalone youtube app for maemo, written in qt. Video quality is definately not superb like mediabox, but it has an awesome user interface for youtube, which mediabox doesnt have at all. This app can also upload videos, signing into your account is super easy and you could comment,favorite,rate, and add videos in your palylist + even download a video! Check it out. Is there any way to make this app play 480p like mediabox and include a few more basic options like going to the uploaders channel and browsing his videos? it it can be implemented than it would be perfect! I know maemo has flash in its browser but the quality in seeing it in your browser is pretty crappy, especially youtube. Maemo has always kind of lacked a fancy user interface HQ youtube browser. A few tweaks and it could be perfect.
Search for "@scene" in faster application manager

Last edited by anwar71839; 2010-10-18 at 04:05.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anwar71839 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
I'm interested in this, but I'd prefer getting this from the "old-fasioned" Application manager. I don't see it though. Any clues?
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
I'm interested in this, but I'd prefer getting this from the "old-fasioned" Application manager. I don't see it though. Any clues?
Package name is "digiaatscene" under extras-testing

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkfloyd For This Useful Post:
tried it, the videos r so sluggish i'd rather watch it on the website using microb.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moscow
Interface looks awful. I tried to use it twice with a loong pause and deinstalled it.

Pretty nice - As OP said, it has it's quirks, but it does one of my requirements: Play my playlists without user interference.

Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
tried it, the videos r so sluggish i'd rather watch it on the website using microb.
Really? I'm using wifi and the videos aren't laggy at all.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
Exactly. thats why i said it need to be tweaked to add the mediabox's 480P youtube playback. The interface is sometimes slow too i dunno why. Anyways it the first proper youtube app, instead of complaining we could tweak it and make it better