Active Topics

Originally Posted by salinmooch View Post
I'm with alexc in that I have had some issues with fuse, cifs, and nfs modules after installing diablo turbo. Really I usually drop files and such on to my n800 from a linux pc not the other way around so I have not noticed the problem till now. The other day I ran some old scripts to sshfs to my home server and they failed with a call for me to modprobe fuse. I made sure I was up to date on all the diablo turbo stuff and I couldn't find any old fuse modules laying around but I honestly don't know where to look. Unfortunately modprobe resulted in this:

Code:
# modprobe fuse
modprobe: cannot parse modules.dep
Code:
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/fuse.ko 
insmod: cannot insert '/lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/fuse.ko': Unknown symbol in module (-1): No such file or directory
I may have screwed this (modprobe) up else where but it seems like I should at least be able to get the fuse module loaded with insmod. . . If it matters it looks like I'm running the March 13th kernel.

Otherwise I am enjoying diablo turbo.
If you check my posts a page or so back on this thread, you'll see how to fix the fuse problem (deleting the original fuse.ko and making a sym-link to the new one). Once rebooted, this works fine.

maacruz, if you're able to build that new cifs.ko module you mentioned (and perhaps an nfs one for salinmooch too), I'd be very grateful.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by alexc View Post
maacruz, if you're able to build that new cifs.ko module you mentioned (and perhaps an nfs one for salinmooch too), I'd be very grateful.
I've added them under "Optional packages" in the DT download page https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=2036
You'll have to copy them by hand, sorry for not building a proper package.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
I've added them under "Optional packages" in the DT download page https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=2036
You'll have to copy them by hand, sorry for not building a proper package.
That's great, thanks. I can confirm that the cifs.ko one works fine when connecting to my router's drive. I don't have any way of testing the others yet, but I'll keep them in case I ever do.

One question, out of curiosity: the cifs.ko module is about 10 times larger than the original file. Is there a particular reason for that? No criticism, I'm just trying to expand my knowledge.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ On the wasatch front, UT USA
I'm still stuck on finding the right fuse module. As alexc suggested I went back and linked /lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/extra/fuse.ko to /usr/lib/fuse/fuse.ko and rebooted

Still no luck using sshfs - it fails on trying to loading the module. I looked around and have not found any other fuse modules that could be screwing things up. I tried an insmod on /lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/extra/fuse.ko and get this same error:

Code:
insmod: cannot insert 'fuse.ko': Unknown symbol in module (-1): No such file or directory
For kicks I rmmod the nfs module and added it with insmod just fine. Does fuse require a dependency I need to load first? Where else should I look for old fuse modules to get rid of them?

Thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by alexc View Post
One question, out of curiosity: the cifs.ko module is about 10 times larger than the original file. Is there a particular reason for that? No criticism, I'm just trying to expand my knowledge.
Purely a guess, but maybe the module is unstripped and still has its debugging symbols? file will be able to verify/disprove this.

@salinmooch
No offense, but does that module actually exist in /lib/...? IIRC ln lets you create links to non-existant files and you'd be getting a different error if another module needed to be loaded

Originally Posted by jstokes View Post
Purely a guess, but maybe the module is unstripped and still has its debugging symbols? file will be able to verify/disprove this.
Upps, that's right. I forgot to strip it.
Reuploaded all modules with debugging symbols properly stripped.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by salinmooch View Post
I'm still stuck on finding the right fuse module. As alexc suggested I went back and linked /lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/extra/fuse.ko to /usr/lib/fuse/fuse.ko and rebooted
That's right for alexc setup, and wrong for nobody.
Still no luck using sshfs - it fails on trying to loading the module. I looked around and have not found any other fuse modules that could be screwing things up. I tried an insmod on /lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/extra/fuse.ko and get this same error:
Are you sure the DT fuse module package is installed?
"dpkg -l fuse-modules-rx-34" will confirm if it is installed.
I'm using this module with the package fuse-utils-2.7.2-1maemo7 from extras-devel, it contains the init.d to load the module and works with no problem.
For kicks I rmmod the nfs module and added it with insmod just fine. Does fuse require a dependency I need to load first?
No.
Where else should I look for old fuse modules to get rid of them?
"find /lib/modules -name 'fuse.ko'" will find any fuse module

Last edited by maacruz; 2011-09-06 at 19:03.

Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Upps, that's right. I forgot to strip it.
Reuploaded all modules with debugging symbols properly stripped.
Thanks. Tested again and the new cifs.ko works fine.

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Do you have ASUI or use alarms? If you don't use alarms you can try turning off the alarmd service so it doesn't start at boot. It is most likely a problem with ASUI's interaction with alarmd, assuming you have both running.
OK, I got back from my vacation

After I turned off Alarmd, my FliClock stopped waking me up, so it is using Alarmd (it even says so after I change wake-up time, but I did't look at that message before).

Also after turning off Alarmd and rebooting, screen goes blank OK, and after enabling Alarmd again screen would not turn off.

For now I will leave Alarmd off (and use my radio-controlled clock for wake up), and try to upgrade ASUI from time to time...

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
I don't think it's related to diablo turbo, but since here's where the last few n800 experts hang around, I'll ask here
Today, while browsing with tear and switching windows with telescope, my n800 froze and rebooted, then it entered a reboot loop (every time it showed the hands it flashed the led and rebooted).
I used flasher to disable the lifeguard reset and I managed to boot the tablet, but now there's no sound at all (not even the greeting nokia tune).
No suspicious messages in dmesg (apart from a "JFFS2 warning: (940) jffs2_sum_write_sumnode: Not enough space for summary, padsize = -23").
Any idea?

Edit: re-enabled the lifeguard reset and the reboot loop is back. I think it's related to the missing sound.

Last edited by luca; 2011-09-16 at 17:26.

Tags
chinook, diablo, new life, os2008