Active Topics

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Would I have to drop ASUI to be a tester for this?
No, it can be tested with SystemUI or ASUI. You just need the DT kernel and alarmd. But you (Addison) can't test it. You have scripts that start and stop mce, and this would break your scripts. Changing mce to powered in your scripts would also be a bad idea since powered will restart mce when you stop it and stop mce when you start it. Sorry.

With ASUI:
Code:
apt-get install powerlaunch
/etc/init.d/powerlaunch stop
/etc/init.d/osso-systemui stop
update-rc.d -f powerlaunch remove
With SystemUI:
Code:
apt-get install powerlaunch
/etc/init.d/powerlaunch stop
update-rc.d -f powerlaunch remove
Execute those commands as root and you should now have powered instead of MCE. Let me know if anything stops working and if it fixes the dimming and power button issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Yeah, I stop MCE quite often so that I can have full use with the Escape, Menu, and Home hardware keys for gaming and stuff.

Poopers. Wish I could help.

Okay, so powered won't replace MCE in its current state. There are some locking issues with it on my n810. And it won't devlock either.

If you installed it run the following to get rid of it:

Code:
apt-get remove powerlaunch
dpkg -P powerlaunch
And if you use ASUI run:
Code:
/etc/init.d/osso-systemui stop
I'll try to fork it and fix the issues later on.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
I'll try to fork it and fix the issues later on.
Many thanks, auouymous. I will offer to test your work (particularly since it sounds like it can be readily uninstalled without reflashing in case of a problem).

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
How did I not know about this before???? Thanks a lot, these updates are really fantastic! I can't believe Nokia didn't implement them before they shipped the tablets, especially the scheduler. Had the N800 been shipped as responsive as it is with Diablo Turbo, Nokia might not have been sold off to Microsoft...

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by earksiinni View Post
How did I not know about this before???? Thanks a lot, these updates are really fantastic! I can't believe Nokia didn't implement them before they shipped the tablets, especially the scheduler. Had the N800 been shipped as responsive as it is with Diablo Turbo, Nokia might not have been sold off to Microsoft...
You lived last year in a cave?

Hi there.
I am a newbie. My uncle gave me his n800 (he doesn't use it any more). My question is: Is it a stable version?

Originally Posted by efeertugrul View Post
Hi there.
I am a newbie. My uncle gave me his n800 (he doesn't use it any more). My question is: Is it a stable version?
There are work arounds for all instabilities.

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
There are work arounds for all instabilities.
I fear. Because i can't trust my self. If i do exactly as the first post can i be succesful?

Originally Posted by efeertugrul View Post
I fear. Because i can't trust my self. If i do exactly as the first post can i be succesful?
I don't use alarmd or anything that requires special kernel modules so DT kernel works perfect and makes my device so much better. You may experience problems with the screen not turning off after boot if you use alarms but there is a script you can run each time it happens to fix it.

Tags
chinook, diablo, new life, os2008