Active Topics

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
Originally Posted by skanky View Post
True, but it does strongly suggest a non-Intex one, which may mean it's more widely available. Wasn't sure where else to post it.
Could be this:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...dible#/updates
"Sailfish OS and the PuzzlePhone
As we announced in Slush we are starting a community supported Sailfish OS integration in the PuzzlePhone. As this project is community driven the development is not influenced by the actual, and temporal, Jolla situation. The Sailfish OS integration in the PuzzlePhone is a Circular Devices and Sailfish OS joint community project that will happen next year, when PuzzlePhone production samples become available.
..."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hhbbap For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
A new Jolla has to support currently unsupported 3G and 4G frequencies (like used in US). That would be my number one requirement. Even if they don't go for selling it there, they should support it.
They should make it an international version that has all the bands in it, which will work in the US on T-Mobile which uses 1700/ 2100.

The reason for a US version is because AT&T did not wait for the US regulators to assign a band to them so AT&T just chose the 850 mhz band.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Painkiller View Post
I sure hope Intex will not f'up the phone with only 1GB of ram or with a <300ppi screen. I almost got myself a Z5 Compact, but decided to hold out for a while if Saarnio's promises come true.
In Slush 2015 interview Mr. Saarnio already mentioned that it will pack more RAM and better display. From the fast glimpse it looked like updated Jolla Phone, not necessarily the thinnest or most compact smartphone though.

The Following User Says Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
In Slush 2015 interview Mr. Saarnio already mentioned that it will pack more RAM and better display. From the fast glimpse it looked like updated Jolla Phone, not necessarily the thinnest or most compact smartphone though.
I'd consider that whatever you saw in Slush from a size perspective is just a prototype and the final product would be different. This was the case with the Jolla itself, too.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Would be cool if some sort of hw keyboard connection was kept in mind.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t0mk For This Useful Post:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Painkiller For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, jolla 2