Active Topics

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Same here, I wonder how many years and legal cases it will take before these practices are banned as well. I also found it quite funny to receive a string of emails over the past year and a half from my provider telling me I would be "the first to enjoy the end of roaming costs" starting from 15 June (and last year's date when they were forced to lower the costs already in preparation), as if they are the ones who decided to make it cheaper.
Some EU countries are are always destined to win or lose in these kind of regulations that are applied to such inherently different cultures as "this way or the highway"- principle. In the roaming case Finnish operators and thus Finns are probably also on the short stick side and ending to pay more, because we don't use data or call time (or even txt) on pay per use principal, but rather all consumer clients are on the unlimited usage contracts. Or ridiculously high amount of calls/text/data included- contracts. Adding foreign user through foreign operator to this principal for short time is going to put pressure to rise prices eventually.

No intention to discuss politics here and I hope this is not taken as a political statement. Just some general chitchat

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
roaming charges were abolished in the EU from June 2017
Not entirely true but in general, yes.

On a personal note, the abolition of roaming charges meant a price increase for me. Weird but true.
On a similar note, the Finnish telcos claimed that they'd need to hike up the national prices in order to not lose money if the roaming charges were dropped for their customers.

Business as usual in the EU - some win, some lose. But enough of politics and OT...
EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice Boxeri already mentioned this above.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Dual Sim is useful not only for roaming. I can cambine a cheap internet sim with a cheap call sim. In UK I have a primary sim for internet and local call, but a secondary O2 sim for calling internationally. Dual SIM will be very useful for immediate international calls...

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2017-07-19 at 21:43.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Dual Sim is useful not only for roaming. I can cambine a cheap internet sim with a cheap call sim,
That! My wife uses my jolla c now (me J1 + MotoZ) and has a free partner card for unlimted calls, sharing my plan, but only 100mb data attached
A second data sim is still cheaper than having a second contract.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Then why not go full triple sim if sim is so important. That would be even better. I will absolutely never see a reason for two sim. Never

I will vote against it. Chen, is it up for general vote or is it decided?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-07-19 at 20:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I will absolutely never see a reason for two sim.
And yet you want a SIM in every device you own. You were winging to no end about the Jolla tablet not having one.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Indiegogo last-day rush going well! +1 on my side, too. Crossed finger not to be beating a dead horse...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
And yet you want a SIM in every device you own. You were winging to no end about the Jolla tablet not having one.
One yes. But not two. Why not two batteries, two screens, two power buttons, twice the price? An now for some reason every device have two cams on backside. Stupid. What's next 4 cams?

Regarding Jolla wasn't about sim or not mostly. It's was that their CTO said it wouldn't be SIM even before stretch goal. Then why add a stretch goal then?

Anyway, DING DING DING Last call to back YouYota in this Project.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-07-20 at 19:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
If you look under 'backers' on the indiegogo page , jolla bought one.
I can only guess it's a birthday present for Dave

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
there is a listing for a Dave8148...

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os