Notices

Nokian900 users, All of a sudden my Yahoo messenger does not sign in, I tried to mess with it for a while but to no avail. even on my Pidgin internet I can not get it to connect. I still can use Skype and MSN Haze but no longer messenger. I used to use it alot to communicate with my people. does anyone know how to get this back to work on my Nokia n900. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance folks!!

wow i thought it was just me but i can't sign as well !

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I don't regularly use yahoo messenger, but I'll test this if the opportunity comes. A while back Google (on Gmail specifically) and Facebook both did things where they redirected you to mobile versions of their sites from the N900 - they both stopped soon after, but still. The N900's Yahoo Messenger client may now be being treated the same way by Yahoo, expect in a completely "ignore"/"don't accept connections from it" way instead of mere redirecting. The N900 user-base is certainly perceived as being small enough by the general public for them to conceivably to be dicks like that.

I would get as many people as you can to check from N900s. See if you can connect through WiFi and 3G, or if both give the same error. Then see if you can connect to it through the browser directly (surely yahoo messenger has an online version you can use). Report results. If they are consistent across many users, or become consistent over the next week or so, then it's Yahoo's doing. If not, it's something on your end, or in between, or a temporary problem there.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I don't regularly use yahoo messenger, but I'll test this if the opportunity comes. A while back Google (on Gmail specifically) and Facebook both did things where they redirected you to mobile versions of their sites from the N900 - they both stopped soon after, but still. The N900's Yahoo Messenger client may now be being treated the same way by Yahoo, expect in a completely "ignore"/"don't accept connections from it" way instead of mere redirecting. The N900 user-base is certainly perceived as being small enough by the general public for them to conceivably to be dicks like that.

I would get as many people as you can to check from N900s. See if you can connect through WiFi and 3G, or if both give the same error. Then see if you can connect to it through the browser directly (surely yahoo messenger has an online version you can use). Report results. If they are consistent across many users, or become consistent over the next week or so, then it's Yahoo's doing. If not, it's something on your end, or in between, or a temporary problem there.

Using pidgin works fine with wifi at my home. I read this thread and fire up pidgin and it works. so try again maybe there is a problem with yahoo.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I'm use the "Pidgin plugin for Conversation and Contacts", yahoo work perfectly. Sometimes I need check port 80...

i can sign in alright..i even got a request for authorization to chat. the status is fine but i can't see any of my contacts online...

update: it's working fine now..back to normal.

Last edited by bertolt; 2010-10-06 at 07:24.

Originally Posted by bertolt View Post
i can sign in alright..i even got a request for authorization to chat. the status is fine but i can't see any of my contacts online...

update: it's working fine now..back to normal.
Can you please specify the settings you have the Yahoo messenger on. I am still having issues signin in. using browser isnt that convenient.

Now the big disaster is that, when I go back to app manager>>Download>>Netwrok. I can not find the app Pidgin protocols plugin for conversations and contacts, it disappeared from there. I was tryinf to uninstall and reinstall, but I guess I just screwed real bad now. anyone knows why I am missing the app?

Originally Posted by Koukkouche View Post
Now the big disaster is that, when I go back to app manager>>Download>>Netwrok. I can not find the app Pidgin protocols plugin for conversations and contacts, it disappeared from there. I was tryinf to uninstall and reinstall, but I guess I just screwed real bad now. anyone knows why I am missing the app?
well thats coz u have already installed the app....evrytym u install an app it doesnt show coz its lyk u hv borrowed the app...bt then if u want to see ur app again then u need 2 UNINSTALL it...nd then u will find it again... it happens with all the apps...

Last edited by Soham; 2010-11-14 at 20:03.

i got the same problem with my ym not signing in. im living in the USA. is the problem regional? i was able to sign in with ym last month but not anymore. might be because i installed pidgin? is there any solution yet? please help.