Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
Will get in contact with original dev for port of TweakFlashVer for the N9.
Thanks Maemomd, let us know what the dev says.

Flash 11.1 no work for JW player, TV online and streaming movies.. What happen why show a blackscreen? .. any know the problem?

Last edited by RafaelVlmendes; 2012-03-12 at 18:33.

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by latency View Post
Oh I didn't know what you meant by that actually. Please explain and I will listen. Do you mean that TweakFlashVer won't do any difference at all based on the result of your manual flash tweak test? Did your experiment cover all the things that TweakFlashVer could do?

I might be way off here, but I have a feeling that some sites that require a higher version of flash will work when using TweakFlashVer and some won't despite using it. It all probably depends on what kind of flash object a specific site use. Sometimes all that is needed is to trick it to think it's a higher version than what we're using and sometimes it actually requires something that a higher version only offers (and in those situations it won't work). From what I've read version 10 and 11 are pretty similar so many times I think it will be enough to trick the site to think we're using version 11.
I'm a bit disappointed to say this but based on my results with manually tweaked flash version, it doesn't help to load even a site more. I tried grooveshark and some other video streaming sites. The objects that previously required flash 11 are now black and nothing happens. Nothing changed with video streams that had black screens and only played audio.. same old.

I pm'ed the dev, attilia77, here is the original TweakFlashVer thread for the n900:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=tweakflashver

I am sure others and myself are willing to pay for this tweak, it would be ultra helpful, and we would not have to keep going to manually hexediting...especially when different sites are optimized for different 'versions'.

Also, there was an update this morning on Flash for my phone, has anyone checked to see if that has helped any of the above sites tested?

Originally Posted by olympus View Post
I'm a bit disappointed to say this but based on my results with manually tweaked flash version, it doesn't help to load even a site more. I tried grooveshark and some other video streaming sites. The objects that previously required flash 11 are now black and nothing happens. Nothing changed with video streams that had black screens and only played audio.. same old.
Grooveshark works for me. The live streams are what's not working for me.

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by latency View Post
Grooveshark works for me. The live streams are what's not working for me.
hm... That's weird. Are you using tweaked version or the default one? I can't get it to play a song.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
Would it be possible to just find the version info in the flash binary and change it in a hex editor?
That's basically what TweakFlashVer does.

By the way, if anyone is developing this for N9, can I suggest they call it FakeFlashVer or something? Often people wonder, when they change the version number, why it doesn't actually work with some sites. By calling the app FakeFlashVer or similar, hopefully it will be clearer that the version number is just being faked - they aren't really upgrading to Flash 11, Flash 12 etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
hm... That's weird. Are you using tweaked version or the default one? I can't get it to play a song.
Nope I'm using the regular one. You have to change the user agent in Fennec too so that Grooveshark thinks it's a desktop browser.

The Following User Says Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
That's basically what TweakFlashVer does.

By the way, if anyone is developing this for N9, can I suggest they call it FakeFlashVer or something? Often people wonder, when they change the version number, why it doesn't actually work with some sites. By calling the app FakeFlashVer or similar, hopefully it will be clearer that the version number is just being faked - they aren't really upgrading to Flash 11, Flash 12 etc.
Not a bad idea! I think people definitely get confused when I explain to them it is an easier way to change the 'version' instead of hexediting all the time. Going to try 'Phony' to change the user agent for ffox and see if that helps as well. The dev for the original 'TweakFlashVer' has been MIA from this forum for quite a few months, so if a new dev can work on this, would be greatly appreciated, and we can set up a donation fund for them as well.

Edit: Tried out Phony, doesn't help with video streaming...good stuff though.

Last edited by Maemomd; 2012-03-14 at 19:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemomd For This Useful Post: