Active Topics

Apparently, their management decided that Nokia's stock are still too high rated. It need fixing immediately.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Who knows, in a year or so maybe nokia will present us phones and tablets for 50 bucks a piece. Meaning everybody will buy at least 10 of them, for each room in your home, one for you car, one to give away to a homeless person at the next occasion and one to trash just for fun.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
MS gave them a billion or two to spend, so why not ... ?

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I got a feeling Nokia bought it for some element on it that it adds to S40 or meltemi.
Would make no sense to use it as it is.... i hope.

I hope not and thankfully neither are they going to. Just pick one you like from the +100 manufacturers making Android phones already.

oh i hate android, but this would mean they'd stay afloat, especially with the right advertising and the swipe ui big problem is multitasking wouldd suckk, but image android 4.0 on an N9

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
I hope not and thankfully neither are they going to. Just pick one you like from the +100 manufacturers making Android phones already.
Hey if windoze does catch on there will be 100+ manufactures as well it's not like nokia has an exclusive deal

Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
Hey if windoze does catch on there will be 100+ manufactures as well it's not like nokia has an exclusive deal
The difference is Nokia was the "first" and got solid ecosystem (yes i hate the word too) around it. They are going absolutely all out for it after all.
Symbian was owned jointly by multiple big manufacturers. Nokia pretty much became Symbian, even as they owned "just" 49% of it on it's peak.

Windows Phone is also more in to the iPhone model so we wont see hundreds of random companies making WP, like it is on Android.

The difference is Nokia was the "first" and got solid ecosystem (yes i hate the word too) around it. They are going absolutely all out for it after all.
Symbian was owned jointly by multiple big manufacturers. Nokia pretty much became Symbian, even as they owned "just" 49% of it on it's peak.

Windows Phone is also more in to the iPhone model so we wont see hundreds of random companies making WP, like it is on Android.
Yep, and it is the same with wp7, like Symbian.
Nokia will be the only one doing it in the end. The other manufacturers are already committing less and less resources to wp7 because they are seeing Nokia getting too close to MSFT. And we all now how msft likes to screw there partners.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.