Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78208 <--- Reported as spam by me twice with no response. I've decided to paste the link here instead.

Thanks to whomever that can remove the spam.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78208 <--- Reported as spam by me twice with no response. I've decided to paste the link here instead.

Thanks to whomever that can remove the spam.
Sorry, somehow I missed that one. Email was glitchy this morning and I may have accidentally deleted it.

Banned and cleaned.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Your doing more than your share and it shows too texrat, well done for the good work.

please check out clarktek posts, this is the prove that a manual solution is not viable, against an advertising post maybe because at some point they might take it as more problem than benefit, but this last post are just an attack and they dont have any limit in number as just that. We need an automated solution to this problem.
Its not viable to report an infinite amount of post or users.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I have noticed that some of these spam threads have been tagged according to the event that they are advertising. I was under the assumption that you had to have 300 posts under your belt before you gain the ability to tag posts, so either the spammers are circumventing this prerequisite or an insider, a TMO regular, is responsible for these tags. If it's the former then I don't think anything needs to be done (as it's no big deal, once the post has been deleted it's gone) but if it's the latter, then surely that poster is the person behind at least some of the spamming.
Attached Images

Last edited by mrsellout; 2011-10-02 at 20:11.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
They started rating their own spam threads to 5 stars... Something needs to be done real fast.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
They have started rating own threads to 5 stars, just a few moments after discussion *here* about rating to 1 star instead of posting info about "reported" state? I'm not fan of conspiracy theories, but it's definitely interesting...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
then what is going on on here? HOW can they get around the rules ????.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
They have started rating own threads to 5 stars, just a few moments after discussion *here* about rating to 1 star instead of posting info about "reported" state? I'm not fan of conspiracy theories, but it's definitely interesting...
I noted that even before this discussion, last week or so, they had begun to rate their own threads after I had rated several of them as one star. Although it is obvious there is a lot of bot work going on I do not believe that this is just being set up, run and left alone. They are paying some attention to it.

My question is why bother? We are not that large of an audience that we should merit close attention. Also based upon many references in numerous posts we have a good many members who are two steps ahead of the bill collector. The sort of effort being expended would be more efficiently placed on a stock trading or precious metals trading forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I've been wondering if there was some insider activity, too...

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:

Tags
diespammerdie, exterminates, itneverends, kudzu, spam!, spamspamspam..., texrat darlek