Notices

Now that Minecraft has got a bit more attention, would be nice to know if someone with skills would be willing to check possibility of this.

My tries have got me to Login Screen and to Client Update, but after that stuck in black screen.

Maybe someone with more knowledge would be able to get it further.

Thanks.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rados For This Useful Post:
Not gonna happen I'm afraid. Already looked into it and the Java libraries it depends on are very heavily x32 and OpenGL. Before even trying to get Minecraft working you'd need those libraries ported first and I can't imagine that happening any time soon =/

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
Yeh, I based on error messages, noticed that there was problem with the LWJGL librarys. Was hoping that it was something that could be fixed.

So guess only hope is that LWJGL makes .ARM port from their librarys.

Thank you for reply. And atleast we have topic for it in the future for people who is searching info about port and why it doesn't work.

Just curious (as I haven't bothered with any Java on the N900 really) which Java application are you using? (There was like 3 last count?)

And have you found any other Java games to run at all decent? I had a Snake clone and that was about it.

I'm using Icedtea6 if you mean that.

Haven't tried any other Java games

This is also of interest to me too,

I have very little technical knowledge or command line-fu but a quick Google led me here:

http://www.javagaming.org/index.php/topic,22825.0.html

Looks like LWJGL is compiled for ARM? Couldn’t find an actual d/l though.

How frustrating to have MineCraft get so close. Though it may all just be academic due to size and control issues.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Well, it seems that the arm and OpenGLES version should be officially announced by the end of this month (as it reads on the second post of the link wich hunterm posted).

Hope that is enough for getting it run.

Next problem is the mouse control, no right click and how well the touch screen works for controlling the left clicking.

i disagree with lmb as touch,

making the touch screen perform mouselook (or touchlook even better) and hardware keys for lmb and rmb would be more fluid

at the potential cost of one's hand partially covering the screen of course.

edited...touchlook

Last edited by hunterm; 2010-10-05 at 17:03.

Too bad that can't change mouse key binds straight from the Minecraft itself.

Makes me wonder if there is 3rd party software that could do that or is it even doable.

Bluetooth/USB mouse supports for N900 is still a bit so-so I guess, and even then using em and keyboard at the same time wouldn't be that good experience...