Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
/o\
I love Fingerprint unlock and can not wait to have it on sfos.
Not for security but for convenience.
FP unlock on moto z is actually faster than any unlock on sfos imho. ->

Double Tap unlock is unreliable on almost every sfos device to the extend that i call it quadruple tap.
Maybe it is my finger having awkward resistance or i am tapping to fast. Don't know.

Double Powerbutton press wears the button very fast. On Jolla C i feel it is near EOL and sometime needs a very firm press after only 16month.

Slide unlock from side is cool but i often forget it is possible and do quadruple tap instead.

If there is one feature i like androided moto z better than sfos devices (ok, camera aside) it is simply putting the finger on the sensor and see the homescreen or last used app 1/2 second later.
Can not wait to have this on my main sfos driver.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
This is the single smartest thing I've seen written on the internet in weeks, so I thought it would bear repeating
In that regard, this is also worth reading :
https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...arrant/480861/
It concerns mainly US, but here a clear distinction between biometrics and password is made. So also for legal matters, there is a difference.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Just bought XZs probadly locked with shitty operator lock but the phone itself is in the list of open device program so let's see if SFOS will be ported in 2018.... I am willing to help make that happen...
If it's anything like the X, operator lock = you can't unlock the bootloader = can't install SFOS should it gets ported .

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
So should we expect a source release tomorrow?

PS XZ1 Compact was announced. Still the same 720p screen and single-sim . Move along.

Last edited by lantern; 2017-08-31 at 19:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
Oh, I'm sure bluetooth has it's uses. I haven't switched over to bluetooth earphones myself because I

But back to on-topic, I'm sure bluetooth gets fixed in a timeframe I'm happy with Just let me buy the OS already!

I have used BT headsets for years and it works good on FP2 with unofficial SFOS so yes BT is a MUST on Xperia X series too.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
If it's anything like the X, operator lock = you can't unlock the bootloader = can't install SFOS should it gets ported .
Asked OP (http://halebop.se) today they said none of their phones is locked not even iphones :O. So there is hope lets see next week...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Given the time and money Jolla spent on Xperia X I would assume this is a one time event. Even if a lot of the work can be reused I predict that Jolla will abandoning this effort soon.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I think we will be able to build images on lots of Xperia devices. (after the build directions get published)
We will have a HUGE head start on anything we can build AOSP 6.0.1 on.

And honestly... I don't see much stopping us from building for F5122 (no idea if the dual sims will work)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to one_with_linux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Given the time and money Jolla spent on Xperia X I would assume this is a one time event. Even if a lot of the work can be reused I predict that Jolla will abandoning this effort soon.
Another model, F5122, is already mentioned in testing,

https://blog.jolla.com/sailfishx/

See James's comment on 30th August.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to richie For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by richie View Post
See James's comment on 30th August.
Yes, but the same James officially recommends to concentrate on F5121
If you are not keen to adapt the port yourself and become a heroic porter, it is not advised to get any other device. Especially if you want official Jolla support.
Until further official notice this is. Patience is advised.

Last edited by mosen; 2017-08-31 at 23:35. Reason: Typo

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x