Hi
Very pleased with my N9 but I'm finding a couple of things fustrating. The N9 in developer mode comes with a SSH and VNC server which is quite useful I've even seen a DLNA server available. However a SSH, VNC & DLNA client would be far more useful to me. The N900 came with DLNA integrated so I was a little dissapointed that the N9 didn't.

Does anyone know of any solutions to these 3 problems or whether there's any apps in development. The N9 would be everything I'd need if it wasn't for these!

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
So.... the ssh client is installed at the same time as the ssh server when you enable developer mode.

Don't believe me? Just go to your terminal and type ssh. You'll see it prompting you for options and arguments so it can make an outbound connection.

Also, I'm pretty sure the VNC server is not automatically installed when you enable developer mode. I had to download and manually install the x11vnc deb file and then write an upstart script to get it to start up upon boot.

Still waiting for DLNA and VNC clients.....

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Personally way more interested in a GUI for the DLNA server.
Don't have much of a need for DLNA/VNC clients (maybe VNC client).

i can't recall installing anything to get the vnc server working. Just went to sdk connection and enabled it